Accounts Team Manager - Client Solutions
Do you love managing people, have an understanding of accounts? Does finding solutions for clients excite you?
We are looking for a passionate and people focused manager to lead and manage our accounting team. If this sounds of interest to you then we have the ideal opportunity for you to work within our large, well-established Accounts team in Birmingham!
This is a hybrid role with the flexibility to work both virtually and from our Birmingham office.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
Working as part of the Accounts team, you will be an integral part of delivering accounts solutions to our clients.
- Owns and drives performance management activities in the team by setting goals and delegating work to colleagues: holding them accountable for the delivery to agreed deadlines
- Holds regular 121s with colleagues to review performance, discuss issues, manage expectations, and provide constructive feedback
- Leads the team by providing direction and linking colleague goals and expectations to those of the company, represents the company by helping colleagues understand their impact.
- Develops and manages team resources by creating resource plans, ensuring headcount matches plans throughout the year and develops plans for future business need
- Organizes and supervises accounts delivery so that the team meet targets and follow the agreed processes
- Analyses data on the output of the team's work and identify issues or trends connected to errors, time-consuming tasks, under or over capacity
- Responsible for pro-actively managing relationships between the team and Key Stakeholders: these can include Clients, Client Managers, other Aon Teams and 3rd party providers.
- Drives development activities in the team, identifying development needs and solutions in line with business needs based on the Aon Development Framework
- Drives and promotes the identification and implementation of best practice across the team. Guides and supports colleagues in what is relevant and applicable for the domain
- Ensures updates and changes to processes are consulted with relevant partners and the agreed change management processes are followed by colleagues
- Identifying any service delivery risks for each client, ensuring mitigating actions are implemented, as appropriate.
- Managing time effectively to maximise revenue generating hours
- Reviewing the mailbox and work allocation tool and adhering to the timescales set for all tasks
- Identifying revenue opportunities/areas of improvement and implementing the proposed changes
- Active participation in the Target Operating Model to ensure the work is aligned to the right team
How this opportunity is different
A hybrid mix of office based and home working means you get the best of both worlds! Working with a well-established team of thirty colleagues who have a wealth of pensions knowledge between them, ranging from three months to twenty plus years. You will be well supported, by a team of 3 other team managers in Birmingham and our accounting team in India enabling you to reach your full potential.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Consistent track record of People Management of a team of colleagues
- Relevant experience of working within a finance environment
- Key Stakeholder and Client Management experience at a management level
- Proven track record in delivering results to an external client base through the effective management of a team.
- An ability to positively influence the behaviours and decisions of others.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail and ongoing commitment to provide ongoing quality
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.