Our client, one of the UK’s leading independent pensions and benefit consultancies, have a superb opportunity for a very experienced pension scheme accountant to join their friendly and dynamic pension accounts team as a Senior Pension Plan Accountant. Our client can be flexible on location and you will be able to work from home 3 days a week.
The Senior Pension Plan Accountant will maintain an efficient pensions accounting service to allocated clients whilst assisting and supporting colleagues. You will play a key role in the success of the team and if you like a challenge, are proactive and can deliver to tight deadlines this role would definitely suit you.
You will be highly motivated and possess key attributes around planning, organising and attention to detail. In return you will be offered excellent development opportunities and work in a positive, energised and supportive culture.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Oversee the preparation and review Pension Scheme Trustee Reports & Accounts in line with SORP.
• Maintain ledgers and review quarterly financial statements.
• Assist with cash flow forecasting and pension scheme budgeting.
• Ensure investment portfolio accounting is delivered in line with SORP and Scheme accounting policies.
• Implement changes in line with statutory legislation and Accounting Standards of Recommended Practice.
• Review cash flow forecasting, management accountant and budgeting.
• Complete Inland Revenue processes for Self-Assessment and VAT.
• Liaise with stakeholders, clients, and auditors on the preparation of Trustee Reports.
• Liaise with auditors to resolve queries and to ensure completion of Report & Accounts
• Represent the team in Trustee meetings, presenting reports and accounts.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders and clients on handover of records for new clients.
Key Skills, Experience and overarching obligations:
• Recent experience of preparing annual pension scheme reports and accounts in line with SORP.
• Detailed and up to date knowledge of legislation relating to both DB and DC pension arrangements.
• Experience of working in a team with a collaborative, consultative approach.
• ACCA/ ACA/ CIMA professional qualification or relevant industry experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Great attention to detail and a timely manner.
• Rational problem solver.
• Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with key stakeholders to enhance quality of service.
• Maintains a consistent level of professionalism across all roles and responsibilities.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive salary with an additional, award winning comprehensive benefits package. The firm is committed to the personal and career development of all employees and this position offers excellent growth potential within a dynamic and growing organisation.
If you feel you have the skills and experience our client is looking for, please contact us today on 0121- 684 1555 quoting the above role and reference number to discuss the role and client company in greater detail. Alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the above reference and indicating your salary expectations.