The Strategic Change Manager will support the Project/Programme Manager, Head of Customer Services and Pensions Director in the development of realistic plans to deliver the planned change, proactively identifying and overcoming risks/barriers to successful delivery.
Working to the Head of Customer Services, they will specifically lead on the development of a comprehensive change strategy and plan that will ensure a successful transition from current to future arrangements, bringing stakeholders and colleagues along the change journey and drawing on the expertise of others within the team As a change expert, they will be responsible for ensuring that good change management principles are threaded through all workstreams/plans, working with the Head of Communications and Director of Strategy & Engagement, on an innovative stakeholder and communications plan.
About the role
- Work with the project/programme manager to ensure that the work of the programme, including the scope of each project, covers the necessary aspects required to deliver the outputs and outcomes that will lead to the benefits we expect in the required timescales.
- Develop the change framework, strategy and plan for the programme/project, to successfully realise the intended benefits of the change, drawing on the technical expertise of others within the team.
- Working to the Head of Customer Services, drive the delivery of the change plan, assessing the impacts of the change on different groups.
- Work with senior colleagues to prepare members, colleagues, stakeholders for transition to new ways of working, ensuring they can approach these with confidence in the future – this may include commissioning/delivering training and other interventions.
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance to change with both internal and external stakeholders, including identifying and proposing mitigation strategies to relevant project/programme risks.
- Support and inform the development of a comprehensive communications and stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Work with the Pensions Communications team, NCI communications colleagues, and the Director of Strategy and Engagement, to deliver the detailed communication plans needed to successfully deliver the engagement strategy.
- Provide the structure required to enable successful transition management, ensuring that business as usual is maintained during the transition and the changes are effectively integrated.
- Define ‘ready to go’ criteria for implementation of the change and assessing our readiness against those to support discussions with senior leaders.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of what it takes to deliver change well in a technically complex and operational environment, supported by a formal qualification/training in change management
- Significant experience as a change manager working on ‘business change’ projects covering process, systems, people and customer facing transformation, with a demonstrable impact against business goals/strategies.
- Experience of working with and to project and programme management processes
- Experience of delivering change with successful outcomes in a remote-working environment.
- Able to build relationships, trust and credibility with a wide range of diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to clearly and credibly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to comfortably and confidently present to large groups of 20+ people using a variety of delivery methods
- Experience of commissioning services from experts e.g. on communications, training to help deliver change
- Able to adapt and take a pragmatic approach in order to obtain an effective outcome
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- While the core requirements of the role can be fulfilled while working remotely, on occasion travel may be required within England to see stakeholders/colleagues.
- Knowledge and experience of pensions
Please quote reference 80144. If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive up to £250! This is just one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for. Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace and consider all applications. Any salary advertised is for search purposes only. If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.