How this opportunity is different
Are you a part qualified or qualified pensions actuary looking to work with industry experts on a wide range of clients and projects? If so, we have the role for you.
Aon will help you become an expert in the industry by offering you rotations through our Corporate and Trustee consulting groups, as well as the chance to work with specialist teams from the moment you start. These include our market-leading Risk Settlement Group and Member Options consultants, as well as our Investment, Delegated Consulting & DC teams.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for part-qualified and qualified pensions actuaries to join our growing Retirement Solutions team. You could be based in any the following UK offices (Birmingham, Bristol, Epsom, Farnborough, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Manchester, St. Albans), with a mix of home and office working.
We will offer you a competitive total rewards package, provide you with comprehensive study support for professional exams, formal education & structured training and the potential to advance within a growing worldwide organisation.
We’re also happy to talk flexible working - if you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies, including part-time opportunities, and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.
What the day will look like
Although no two days are the same your responsibilities will include:
· Taking ownership of the delegation and production of actuarial work for nominated Trustee and Corporate clients in your portfolio. This includes technical calculations, drafting advice papers, setting and negotiating budgets and delivering advice directly to our clients.
· Participating in client meetings and telephone calls, either leading them or supporting the Scheme Actuary or Client Manager. Use this to build positive relationships externally with our clients and third parties, and internally with your colleagues.
· Taking on responsibility for developing colleagues on our Early Careers programmes.
· Identifying and implementing service improvements where appropriate, and ensure appropriate legislative, regulatory, business and professional standards are followed.
· Supporting Aon's specialist teams on ad-hoc projects including risk settlement, incentive exercises and member options, GMP equalisation and more.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
Part-qualified making good progress through actuarial exams or a qualified Actuary.
· A strong mathematical background with the ability to explain technical solutions in a clear way.
· Relevant pensions experience and industry knowledge.
· A 2:1 or above degree in a numerate or semi-numerate subject.
· Ability to deliver effective client service to multiple clients and a track record in relationship management.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.