We are an award winning independent professional trustee firm, and part of an integrated group of privately owned companies that includes Spence & Partners Ltd, Mantle Services Ltd and Mantle Hosting Ltd, a pension software provider. Since our inception we have grown to be one of the largest independent professional trustee companies in the UK and, as well as executive and non-executive trustee appointments, we provide trusteeship services to schemes with complex backgrounds – for example, those sponsored by employers in financial distress/engaged in wind-up/PPF assessment.
We are committed to providing professional trusteeship careers and we support the accredited pensions trusteeship qualification for all of our professional trustees. The business is based on a culture which aims to provide all of our clients with a high-quality professional service through strong personal relationships. We take a hands-on approach to the role of a professional trustee, developing innovative solutions. We operate from offices in Belfast, Glasgow, Manchester, London, Bristol, Leeds and Birmingham and have clients throughout the UK and Ireland.
As a leading firm of professional trustees, we have an excellent opportunity for a Support Professional Trustee. This individual will perform a consulting role, supporting our experienced Professional Trusteeship team in delivering effective trusteeship and consulting services.
This role will be attractive to a pensions professional who has the ability to enhance and support the continued development of our successful trusteeship business and wants to embark on, or further develop, a career as a professional pension trustee. You will be supporting experienced Trustees to deliver the excellent trusteeship services for which Dalriada is known, and to support the further development of our portfolio of appointments. Initially, the role will focus on supporting our team in the provision of our services in relation to the effective governance of the pension schemes for which we are trustee, including scheme secretariat services.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is eager to work hard and make an impact. With key industry and technical knowledge, this individual should understand and be able to demonstrate the importance of building and maintaining relationships with our clients, whilst working with colleagues to build a network of industry contacts. The successful candidate should have the capability to work independently and work collaboratively with colleagues across a multi-site business, to ensure the timely and high quality delivery to our clients. You will have the drive and ambition to meet targets for chargeable hours, the expectations of colleagues and clients and to seek to continually improve and expand our offering.
We would expect the individual to develop into an experienced professional trustee and we will provide training and support to help with this. We would also expect the individual to develop their own network of industry contacts over time.
- Scheme Business Plan tasks and actions are progressed and statutory timeframes are met
- Scheme/Trustee Meetings are planned in advance and agenda’s and meeting packs are produced and distributed to all attendees
- Draft minutes and agreed actions of a Scheme/Trustee Meeting are distributed for review within 5 working days of the meeting.
- Regular monitoring of meeting actions to ensure completion.
- Regular review of Scheme Budgets and ensuring invoices are reviewed to ensure within budgets agreed and settlement of them within agreed terms
- Arranging regular internal team meetings to discuss and agree ongoing actions.
- Dealing with individual member queries sent through by administrator and ensuring prompt responses.
- 3-5 years' experience as a pension professional, with a solid industry background gained in either pension administration/ Scheme Secretariat / Pensions Manager and/or pension consultancy practices.
- A good understanding of the requirements to co-ordinate Trustee meetings, produce draft minutes and Matters Arising.
- Able to liaise with and manage the Trustee's advisers to ensure key deliverables.
- Able to oversee and update key scheme compliance and governance documentation, ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- An understanding of pension trusteeship, with significant knowledge of developing / current pension industry issues.
- Able to demonstrate good technical understanding of pension legislation, regulations and other aspects of pensions law and practice, including scheme governance, management and compliance. A thorough knowledge of both defined benefit and defined contribution schemes is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to articulate technical points into laymans terms.
- Excellent project and budget management skills.
- Evidence/portfolio of client management responsibilities and strong relationship/client management skills.
- An individual who can demonstrate the broad spectrum of our competencies.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
Location: Flexible within commutable distance of one of our established offices and able to travel to our other offices across the UK when required.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer.
Our Company is committed to work life balance and our flexi working policy and opportunity for remote working enables individuals to maintain that balance.
The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel. There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment.