Excellent opportunity to join a large in-house team, offering flexible working with the opportunity to work from home or hybrid in their central London office.
Support the maintenance and development of the pension administration system, Universal Pensions Management (UPM2), and any other pension specific applications operated by the Pensions Board.
About the role
- Assist with the design and development of the UPM system and other pension applications, and implement agreed changes
- System Design and Development
- Agree requirements, scope and specification of system changes with the Head of Pensions Systems
- Plan and deliver a continuous program of process upgrades and development under the direction of the Business Process Manager – continue to automate individual and bulk processes within UPM2 and any other applications, as prioritised by the Head of Pensions Systems
- Maintain the technical specifications for benefit calculations, valuation extracts, benefit statements and contribution collections
- Implement any system changes required to support the introduction of amendments to standard letters
- Deliver the development of UPM in phase with the role-out of the self–service elements of the member and employer web offerings
- Manage the testing and implementation of system upgrades and software releases, delegating the work to the systems administrator as appropriate
- Document system changes and deliver user training as required
- Agree scope and specification of system reporting requirements with the Head of Pensions Systems and implement agreed solution
- Design and produce both standard and bespoke system reports for managers
- Undertake projects in relation to major UPM changes, systems development and implementation of new technologies.
- Logical and highly numerate
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in delivering training to system users
- Significant experience of database and workflow management applications
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office to include practical experience using complex macros in Office applications and Excel
- Proficient in using SQL and VBA
- A-levels in numerate subjects at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
Please quote reference 80140. If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive up to £250! This is just one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for. Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace and consider all applications. Any salary advertised is for search purposes only. If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.