We are excited about the future at Spence & Partners. The industry in which we operate offers a dynamic and challenging environment and our excellent reputation is contributing to the growth of our business from an expanding portfolio of clients. We have aspirations to extend that client base, and deliver truly integrated solutions, through the use of our highly innovative software platform, Mantle, across our work.
Spence was established in 2000, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of 3173 Limited, a privately owned company. that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee. As such, joining us as a Senior Pensions Administrator will open up opportunities for you to use your experience to add value across the group.
Our unique award-winning approach to the provision of services has resulted in rapid growth over the last few years with us now employing over 200 members of staff across seven offices in Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds, London and Manchester.
We do not pigeonhole colleagues and aim to provide challenging and interesting work which will allow our staff to build rewarding careers.
We are looking for candidates who are ambitious and enjoy working with people. You should thrive on solving complex problems and be interested in the financial services/pensions industry and areas affecting it. You will be well organised and proactive, calm under pressure and can communicate effectively (written and verbal).
You will enjoy working in a challenging environment in which you can develop both personally and professionally. You will be a conscientious individual with exceptional attention to detail, with a passion for delivering a quality product to our customers. You will have the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally and work to demanding deadlines and targets.
Responsibilities & Criteria
You will build a portfolio of clients to which you will manage all the transactions needed for their pension schemes, ensuring they are completed to the highest standards, within the service levels. You will become key contact to pension members and your clients answering queries over the phone and via written communication and attending Trustee meetings. You will become effective at providing clear and accurate information to members and beneficiaries.
- Broad pension's technical knowledge, with at least three years' experience working in a Defined Benefit pension administration environment and with a detailed understanding of defined benefit pensions schemes and UK pensions legislation, regulation and codes of practice.
- Knowledge of systems e.g. Microsoft Office/ Windows applications.
- Experience in managing ad-hoc and annual pension projects
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with the ability to articulate and communicate current and relevant issues to scheme members; pension trustees; and other relevant third parties.
- Experience of working pro-actively and using own initiative to complete tasks.
- The ability to perform in a fast-moving environment providing excellent service to clients and third parties with a desire to succeed at accomplishing challenging objectives.
- Knowledge of and experience with GMP Reconciliation / Equalisation calculations
- Practical knowledge of the Pension Protection Fund (PPF)
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week with additional hours as and when required.
Location: UK-wide with opportunity available in Belfast, Manchester or Glasgow
All roles are subject to a six-month probationary period and all prospective employees are required to complete an Access NI check.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
3173 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applying with a disability or long-term health condition?
As part of our belief that we benefit from the differences among us we are committed to increasing the representation of disabled colleagues and want to remove any barriers or challenges that get in the way of candidates with a disability or long-term health condition from applying to work with us. As part of this commitment we guarantee to automatically interview anyone with a disability who meets the minimum criteria.
If there is support or an adjustment that we can provide to enable you to be at your best during the recruitment and selection process, we encourage you to advise us in good time so that we may make suitable arrangements. We understand that being open with us may feel uncomfortable so please only share with us the information that you are comfortable to share, and rest assured that we will use this only to provide you with the right support. Any information you give us will be treated completely confidentially. To discuss this further please call 028 9041 2000 and ask to speak to a member of the People & Culture team.