Are you an experienced accountant looking to specialise in the pensions industry, working on a range of Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution schemes from small schemes in wind up to multi-billion pound schemes with complex investment arrangements?
Are you looking to be a subject matter expert, working within a thriving pensions business, delivering first class financial support to your own book of pension scheme clients?
If this sounds like you, Aon have a vacancy for a Senior Accountant within our Birmingham office, working as a part of our expert Pensions Accounts team. This is a hybrid role working both virtually and from the office.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- You will be working with colleagues to prepare Trustee Reports and Financial Documents, for your own portfolio of pension scheme clients, that are FRS102 and SORP compliant in an accurate manner and within timescales. You will have regular liaison with wider Aon specialist teams, client relationship managers and external auditors.
- You will attend regular meetings with partners to drive forward progress, identify issues and agree and deliver insightful and pragmatic solutions to deliver positive outcomes for clients. You’ll work closely with your UK accounts team colleagues as well as offshore accounts teams, preparing as well as reviewing financial documents and organising and overseeing audits, ensuring enquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Involvement in a wide variety of different pension clients from small wind ups to large multi-billion pound hybrid schemes with sophisticated investment strategies, bringing your expertise to deliver great results and first class service to our clients.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with teams across Aon’s various locations will be key, as well as growing Aon’s great reputation with third party providers.
How this opportunity is different
Aon has a great range of fantastic clients, from small executive and wind up schemes to large schemes of PLC companies, for whom Aon are delivering thoughtful and innovative ideas and products. This role is part of a great team of first class pensions colleagues, allowing the opportunity to grow and develop your pensions and accounting skills. As a leading global brand, Aon offer excellent career progression with a wide range of employee benefits to support you in your career with us.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- An Accountant with experience of statutory accounts production, preferably in pensions, able to accurately and thoughtfully produce accounts which meet regulatory and SORP requirements
- Enjoy working as part of a team and are able to build positive relationships with client teams, client representatives, auditors, investment managers and other providers, maintaining Aon’s reputation in Pensions Administration.
- The drive to be a subject matter expert in pension scheme accounts, to build a high level of technical knowledge and behavioural standards, especially of regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Great communication and teamwork skills, with the ability and drive to identify and drive forward improvements in processes to deliver fantastic client service.
- The ability to manage deadlines and still deliver work to a high quality as required by your manager and client deadlines, to support the wider Aon business.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.