Senior Pensions Administrator
Do you have strong attention to detail and commitment to provide ongoing quality?
Do you prioritise customer satisfaction to achieve service level agreements?
This is a hybrid role where you will be required to work a minimum of 50% of your working week in the Birmingham office, and have the flexibility to work up to 50% of your working week from home
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
You will be required to provide high quality administration support for internal and external clients, being a technical expert in the team and sharing your expertise by:
- Being a SME for processes, clients, systems, and tools and being proficient in processing and checking.
- Monitoring team activity and coordinating workload in line with SLAs by organizing, prioritising, and making effective workload allocation decisions.
- Producing and analysing reports as required for internal and external clients and requirements.
- Identifying issues with processes handled in teams and driving a process to find and implement solutions.
- Implementing changes to tools and documentation needed to support effective service delivery.
- Increasing the level of processing knowledge and driving continuous improvement in all areas of processing.
- Writing and maintaining knowledge documents, keeping them up to date and incorporating changes to legislation.
- Sharing best practice with colleagues through process and tool training.
- Taking part in both internal and external audits.
- Being a role model in the team by giving constructive feedback to colleagues to improve performance and supporting the Manager.
- Coordinating and participating in projects that will impact the work of teams and domains.
- Building strong relationships with client teams, client representatives and third-party providers.
- Achieving team and individual targets (KPIs, SLAs, quality targets.
- Contributing to the team, supporting the rest of the team based on their needs (a buddy to less experienced colleagues and supporting more senior colleagues).
- Maintaining required technical knowledge and behavioural standards and expertise, especially all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Performing additional tasks as requested by your manager.
How this opportunity is different
Every day, our colleagues make a difference to people’s lives, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do.
As part of our diverse and established team, you’ll bring valuable skills and expertise to Aon, including previous experience in an operations environment, and a positive can-do attitude to engage and manage your team. At Aon, you will be able to enhance your current skills, while continuing to learn new ones as full training & support is provided. Knowledge of pensions is an advantage, but not essential to be successful.
Having the opportunity to work virtually and in an office environment, ensures you are supported during your Aon induction through direct interaction with colleagues, trainers, and your manager, while still having the flexibility of agile working if required. Recognising the value to colleague engagement of being able to work side-by-side with other colleagues, and the stability towards client service through sharing knowledge and best practice, Aon has maintained its office base in Birmingham to ensure you are not isolated, and benefit from the supporting network that is Aon United. We work smartly in a hybrid environment, requiring you to be in the office more than 1 day per week which supports your on-going development and training needs.
Aon offers an environment where individuals can grow and develop in a rewarding role. We are confident that you will feel just as passionate as we do in empowering results for our customers and your career.
You will have responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests, or reputation of any Group Company.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Team player, who can work to tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to provide ongoing quality.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills, including identifying solutions and making recommendations
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritise and execute tasks. Including, the ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.