Team Manager Client Solutions
Do you love managing people?
Do you enjoy finding solutions for clients? If so, we have the ideal opportunity for you to work within our large, well-established Client Solutions team in Birmingham!
This is a hybrid role with the flexibility to work both virtually and from our Birmingham office.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
Working as part of the Client Solutions team, you will be an integral part of delivering chargeable solutions to our existing Pensions Administration clients.
- Owns and drives performance management activities in the team by setting goals and delegating work to colleagues: holding them accountable for the delivery to agreed deadlines
- Holds regular (at least every two months) 121s with colleagues to review performance, discuss issues, manage expectations and provide constructive feedback
- Leads the team by providing direction and linking colleague goals and expectations to those of the company, represents the company by helping colleagues understand their impact.
- Develops and manages team resources by creating resource plans, ensuring headcount matches plans throughout the year and develops plans for future business need
- Manages the recruitment process for the team ensuring colleagues with the relevant skills are recruited to the team
- Motivates and engages colleagues by understanding their individual motivations and managing them in line with available resources
- Organizes and supervises current projects so that the team meet targets and follow the agreed processes
- Coordinates the team’s workload ensuring projects are delivered to required deadlines and level of quality
- Accountable for overall team quality control, management of risks and escalations, audit and governance. Ensures correct processes and procedures are followed by colleagues
- Communicates effectively in both written and verbal forms. Owns company messages and adapts style to ensure key messages are delivered and understood by colleagues
- Responsible for pro-actively managing relationships between the team and Key Stakeholders: these can include Clients, Client Managers, other Aon Teams and 3rd party providers.
- Drives and promotes the identification and implementation of best practice across the team. Guides and supports colleagues in what is relevant and applicable for the domain
- Ensures updates and changes to processes are consulted with relevant partners and the agreed change management processes are followed by colleagues
- Owns and drives recognition practices, responsible for recognising colleagues and promoting the culture of recognising others in the team
- Manages the financial performance of the team in relation to headcount and ad hoc spend, ensuring that holidays, expenses and overtime is managed, and all relevant time is charged correctly
- Reviewing the mailbox and work allocation tool and adhering to the timescales set for all tasks
- Identifying revenue opportunities/areas of improvement and implementing the proposed changes
How this opportunity is different
A mix of office based, and home working means you get the best of both worlds! Working with a well-established team of thirty colleagues who have a wealth of pensions knowledge between them, ranging from three months to twenty plus years. You will be well supported, by a team of 3 other team managers enabling you to reach your full potential.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Consistent track record of People Management of a team of colleagues.
- Relevant experience of working within a Pensions Administration environment and in project/implementation work preferable
- Key Stakeholder and Client Management experience at a management level
- Proven track record in delivering results to an external client base through the effective management of a team.
- An ability to positively influence the behaviours and decisions of others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel – intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail and ongoing commitment to provide ongoing quality
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.