ACTUARIAL ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT – UK Wide/Hybrid (1-2 days p/w in office) – up to £60,000 plus benefits
Are you a part qualified, nearly qualified or recently qualified pensions actuary with professional experience in DB pensions schemes? Are you keen to grow your career, working alongside seasoned professionals on a variety of clients and project work? Our pensions firm client has opportunities for you in their growing Retirement team, having offices UK Wide and working hybrid (approx. 1-2 days per week in an office).
Their process is very people-centred and they are more than open to having an informal chat (F2F over a coffee or over video-call) first before progressing to interview stage, if that is preferred.
They offer an opportunity to tailor-make a role around your experience as well as your interests and are open to shaping a role that may encompass a variety of business areas, specialised teams (i.e. Risk Settlement, Investment, DC – Trustee/Corporate). Additionally, they have a comprehensive study support programme (and strong mentorship from senior colleagues).
Responsibilities will include:
· Taking ownership of the delegation and production of actuarial work for nominated Trustee and Corporate clients in your portfolio. This includes technical calculations, drafting advice papers, setting and negotiating budgets and delivering advice directly to our clients.
· Participating in client meetings and telephone calls, either leading them or supporting the Scheme Actuary or Client Manager.
· Build positive relationships externally with clients and third parties, and internally with # colleagues.
· Identifying and implementing service improvements and ensure appropriate legislative, regulatory, business and professional standards are followed.
· Supporting specialist teams on ad-hoc projects including risk settlement, incentive exercises and member options, GMP equalisation and more.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Part-qualified making good progress through actuarial exams or a qualified Actuary.
A strong mathematical background with the ability to explain technical solutions in a clear way.
Relevant group pensions experience and industry knowledge.
A 2:1 or above degree in a numerate or semi-numerate subject.
Ability to deliver effective client service to multiple clients and a track record in relationship management.
Our client values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. They are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
If this opportunity is of interest, and you have the relevant professional experience, please submit your most up-to-date CV, or email it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org