Our client a leading global consultancy practice have a superb opportunity to join their respected pensions team in their new Birmingham office as Team Manager for Client Solutions. Whether you are currently a team manager and looking to expand your experience base or if you are a highly experienced deputy team manager administrator looking to take your first step into team management, this role could be ideal for you. As part of the Client Solutions team, you will be an integral part of delivering chargeable solutions to the existing Pensions Administration clients. The role carries the following expectations on the successful candidate:
• Owns and drives performance management activities in the team by setting goals and delegating work to colleagues: holding them accountable for the delivery to agreed deadlines
• Holds regular (at least every two months) 121s with colleagues to review performance, discuss issues, manage expectations and provide constructive feedback
• Leads the team by providing direction and linking colleague goals and expectations to those of the company, represents the company by helping colleagues understand their impact.
• Develops and manages team resources by creating resource plans, ensuring headcount matches plans throughout the year and develops plans for future business need
• Manages the recruitment process for the team ensuring colleagues with the relevant skills are recruited to the team
• Motivates and engages colleagues by understanding their individual motivations and managing them in line with available resources
• Organizes and supervises current projects so that the team meet targets and follow the agreed processes
• Coordinates the team’s workload ensuring projects are delivered to required deadlines and level of quality
• Analyses data on the output of the team's work and identify issues or trends connected to errors, time-consuming tasks, under or over capacity
• Accountable for overall team quality control, management of risks and escalations, audit and governance. Ensures correct processes and procedures are followed by colleagues
• Communicates effectively in both written and verbal forms. Owns company messages and adapts style to ensure key messages are delivered and understood by colleagues
• Responsible for pro-actively managing relationships between the team and Key Stakeholders: these can include Clients, Client Managers, other Teams and 3rd party providers.
• Drives development activities in the team, identifying development needs and solutions in line with business needs.
• Ensures updates and changes to processes are consulted with relevant partners and the agreed change management processes are followed by colleagues
• Manages the financial performance of the team in relation to headcount and ad hoc spend, ensuring that holidays, expenses and overtime is managed, and all relevant time is charged correctly
• Identifying any service delivery risks for each client, ensuring mitigating actions are implemented, as appropriate.
• Managing time effectively to maximise revenue generating hours
• Identifying revenue opportunities/areas of improvement and implementing the proposed changes
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge:
Candidates will ideally have the following skills and experience:
• Consistent track record of People Management of a team of colleagues.
• Relevant experience of working within a Pensions Administration environment and in project/implementation work preferable
• Key Stakeholder and Client Management experience at a management level
• Proven track record in delivering results to an external client base through the effective management of a team.
• An ability to positively influence the behaviours and decisions of others.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel – intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
• Proficiency with MS Office applications
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Excellent attention to detail and ongoing commitment to provide ongoing quality
In return you will enjoy a very attractive benefits package including an annual bonus payment and a platform to develop your pensions career further within this leading global operation. Our client fully embraces the concept of smart working and that flexibility is now a key component to their employees.
If you are interested in finding out more about the company and the role, please contact us on 0121 684 1555 quoting the above reference or alternatively send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number above.