Our client, a leading global consultancy practice, have a superb opportunity to join their leading accounts team in the role of Accounting Team Manager. Working as part of the Accounts team, you will be an integral part of delivering accounts solutions for clients.
Do you love managing people and have accounts experience? Are you looking to take a step up from a senior role to one of managing a team ? If so this role could be for you. Supported by a team of 3 other team managers and the outsourced accounting team, you will have the ideal platform from which to reach your full potential.
This is a hybrid role with the flexibility to work both virtually and from the Birmingham office.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the timely and accurate preparation of accounts and reports, ensuring compliance with reporting deadlines
- Key liaison between Accounting Team and Pension Administration Teams
- First point of escalation for service issues relating to audit or accounting services
- Implement and measure effectiveness of agreed changes to processes following audit review
- Owns and drives performance management activities in the accounts team by setting goals and delegating work to colleagues: holding them accountable for the delivery to agreed deadlines.
- Holds regular 121s with colleagues to review performance, discuss issues, manage expectations and provide constructive feedback.
- Leads the team by providing direction and linking colleague goals and expectations to those of the company, represents the company by helping colleagues understand their impact.
- Develops and manages Accounting Team resources by creating resource plans, ensuring headcount matches plans throughout the year and develops plans for future business need.
- Manages the recruitment process for the team ensuring colleagues with the relevant skills are recruited to the team.
- Motivates and engages colleagues by understanding their individual motivations and managing them in line with available resources.
- Organizes and monitors current activity so that the team meets agreed timescales
- Coordinates the team’s workload ensuring both business as usual and/or projects are delivered to required deadlines and level of quality.
- Analyses team output s and identify issues or trends connected to errors and time-consuming tasks
- Accountable for overall team quality control, management of risks and escalations, audit and governance. Ensures correct processes and procedures are complied with by Accountants.
- Communicates effectively in both written and verbal forms. Owns company messages and adapts style to ensure key messages are delivered and understood by colleagues.
- Responsible for pro-actively managing relationships between the team and Key Stakeholders: these can include Clients, Client Managers, auditors, outsourced teams, other internal teams and 3rd party providers.
- Drives and promotes the management and sharing of knowledge in the team of all client processes, tools and systems: ensuring documentation is correct, up to date and in line with any statutory or legislative changes.
- Drives and promotes the identification and implementation of best practice across the team. Guides and supports colleagues in what is relevant and applicable for the domain or Business Area.
- Ensures updates and changes to processes are consulted with relevant stakeholders and the agreed change management processes are followed by colleagues.
- Manages the financial performance of the team in relation to headcount and ad hoc spend, ensuring that holidays, expenses and overtime is managed and all relevant time is charged correctly.
- Manages Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans ensuring all activities and processes are completed and kept up to date.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge:
- Consistent track record of People Management of a team of colleagues
- Relevant experience of working within Pension Scheme Accounting environment
- Key Stakeholder and Client Management experience at a management level
- Proven track record in delivering results to an external client base through the effective management of a team.
- An ability to positively influence the behaviours and decisions of others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel – intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail and ongoing commitment to provide ongoing quality
Candidates can expect a highly competitive comprehensive benefits and total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.