An exciting opportunity has become available for the role of Team Leader with one of the UK’s leading independent pensions and benefit consultancies. As a result of continued expansion and new business, our clients are looking to recruit an experienced senior level pensions administration practitioner.
This role is in the London based Client Servicing Team of Third Party Administration.
As Team Leader you will be responsible for the day to day operational management of the team through effective and efficient workflow for Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution trustee clients. You will also play an active role in winning new work and implementing new client schemes.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading the team to deliver their daily workload.
- Managing a schedule of deliverables, prioritising work and ensuring team capacity is in place to deliver.
- Meeting Service Level Agreements for individual clients.
- Principal point of contact for team members regarding clients.
- Principal point of contact for team members on technical issues and non-standard cases.
- Represent the team on operational matters during Trustee meetings.
- Finding ways to continuously improve workflows and practices.
- Ensuring accuracy, consistency, and the highest level of quality assurance.
- Maintain chargeability targets, identify work outside agreed fee basis and prepare monthly fee invoices.
- You will act as point of reference on technical issues both DB and DC.
- Take the lead in more complex/project work when required.
And you would be happy to:
- Take the lead on very complex cases.
- Maintain working knowledge of all systems and products.
- Oversee Reviewer process in line with best practice guidance.
- Report on progress and any risks to the Administration Manager.
- Provide technical guidance to the team as needed.
- Support recruitment and onboarding activities as required.
- Look for opportunities to delegate work to others.
- People Manage members of the team to encourage their career development.
- Adhere to the firm’s Information Security standards, professionalism requirements, policies, procedures and compliance requirements.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge:
- Ideally 5 years experience, primarily DB scheme knowledge, working within TPA or an in house operation.
- Experience of supporting client relationships from operational point of view.
- Experience of leading a team with a collaborative, consultative approach.
- Good knowledge of current DB & DC pension legislation.
- Knowledge of Pensions Administration operating systems
- Analytical mindset with focus on high quality and attention to detail.
- Relevant professional qualification such as Associate Membership to the Pension Management Institute, or equivalent experience.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive salary and award winning benefits package, The firm is committed to the personal and career development of all employees and this position offers excellent growth potential within a dynamic and growing organisation