With over 1400 people across 9 offices, we are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality. We aim to continue our growth by recruiting talented and committed individuals that have the desire to learn and develop. We strive to employ staff who share our values and can bring special skills - enhancing the service that we provide to our clients.
We are looking to recruit a Pension Administration Team Leader to join our Amersham team over the next few months due to planned growth so it is an exciting time to join our firm. This is a Level C Management level role within Barnett Waddingham. This is a permanent position and will be worked under our SmartWorking framework where you will share your time between the office and home (2 - 3 days per week).
This role will ideally be located at our Amersham office with hybrid home-working, however we will also consider other locations (Guildford, London, etc) if the candidate is willing to travel. We would also consider part-time applications from candidates wishing to work 4 days per week.
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham practice areas.
- Benefit administration
- Cash handling and preparing draft accounts
- Pensioner payroll
- PPF assessment administration services
- Administration consulting services
- Data audits and data cleansing
The Business Area also provides a range of Pension Management services which include:
- Scheme Governance (including trustee secretarial services)
- Training and study support for trustees and in-house personnel
- Specialist roles (e.g. interim pensions manager, expert witness work)
- Support for trustees and in-house personnel
- Specialist consultancy support
- Bespoke one off projects
These services may be provided on a stand-alone basis, or in conjunction with our other services.
Each team is managed by a team leader and work is carried out in accordance with the Pension Administration Department’s control environment procedures which are in place to ensure accuracy and timeliness of the services to clients. The primary focus for a Team Leader will be on Team Management and People Management to support the team to meet the client needs.
- Educated to GCSE and/or A level or equivalent preferred
- A relevant degree or progress with PMI examinations is desirable together with experience appropriate for the role in pension administration
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
Key Deliverables (Objectives)
- Good verbal and written communication, listening and organisational skills.
- Able to communicate complex technical matters at a level appropriate to the recipient,
- Have empathy when dealing with sensitive people matters
- Client satisfaction
- Builds strong, effective team relationships
- Identifies opportunities to implement efficiencies and supports change
- Coaching and development of individuals
- Excellent time management skills