up to £26,000 per annum
Full-time and part-time (minimum 20 hours)
Home-based (with the opportunity for office work if local to Sheffield or Darlington)
Enhance customer relationships as a Pension Administrator
Capita are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Pension Administrator to join our Pensions Solutions team in a predominantly home-based role. As well as receiving a starting salary of up to £26,000 per annum, you’ll enhance customer relationships by providing full lifecycle administration services to our clients, scheme members and their dependents. You will be part of a team that plays a key role in implementing and maintaining resilient and responsible pension strategies for our clients.
Working at Capita doesn’t just mean creating better outcomes for our clients. Here, we encourage all our colleagues to be who they want to be. You’ll have the freedom and flexibility to progress your career – with a variety of opportunities to do so in countless sectors throughout the business – and to work in a way that best suits you, be that in our Sheffield or Darlington offices, or at home.
If you’re interested in taking the next steps in your career and advancing in the exciting and varied world of pensions, this could be the role for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating, and maintaining, consistent and accurate scheme records and events
- Meeting and exceeding set key performance indicators and quality standards
- Providing excellent customer service to all clients, members and third parties
- Completing all tasks using current work procedures
- Amending policies, and offering general advice to members
- Liaising with Senior Pension Administrators to ensure work is of a high standard, and is compliant with regulations
- Participating in and promoting good team communications
- Assisting the wider Pensions team by completing general administrative tasks
- Supporting and assisting the management team, where required
- Supporting less experienced members of the team
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with experience in working with DB Pensions Schemes is essential for this role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong experience in delivering excellent customer services
- Excellent numeracy skills, with a GCSE grade C or above in Maths or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- An ability to achieve and exceed targets, and to work towards deadlines
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary of up to £26,000 per annum
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take one paid volunteering day off per year, either for our charity partners or a cause of your own choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks, and more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle—from discounts on retail, socialising, to travel, technology, and health and wellbeing
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity, and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- We believe in offering ways of working based on what suits an individual’s needs and circumstances, so are open to discussing any requests for flexible working arrangements
By joining Capita you will have the chance to follow your chosen career path, wherever it may take you. You’ll be part of a network consisting of 63,000 highly experienced and innovative individuals across a multitude of disciplines and sectors. As a result, there are numerous opportunities for you to learn new skills and grow within your chosen career path.
Our purpose here at Capita is to create better outcomes for our clients, customers and employees alike, so we’ll also provide you with all the support you need to succeed.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose “Apply now” to fill out our short application, so that we can learn more about you.
To view our COVID-19 and information regarding our process adjustments, please visit our Capita Careers website.
We're an equal opportunity employer, meaning we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
During the application process, you'll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.