Pensions DB Technical & Governance Specialist – Part-Time, Job-Share and Full-Time
Location: Flexible location / Homeworker – the successful candidate will ideally be willing to travel to the Gloucester Office two days per week
Are you a pensions professional, currently working in a consultancy or in-house role, looking to further your career as a DB technical and governance specialist? If so, we’d really like to hear from you.
We are an in-house pensions team providing pension scheme management for Zurich’s UK pension schemes with combined assets in excess of £8 bn and a membership of over 40,000. With ever increasing pensions regulation we are looking for a pensions professional to join the team as a technical and governance specialist.
- Provide the in-house team and UK businesses with pro-active, accurate and timely technical support on complex pensions matters
- Analyse incoming or proposed legislative or regulatory changes and make recommendations to the Pensions Technical and Governance Manager for appropriate change
- Interpret and apply the scheme rules for complex individual cases
- Support the Pensions Technical and Governance Manager to produce papers and procure advice for the Trustee boards and to manage and implement Trustee decisions and actions
- Develop and maintain Trustee governance frameworks and policies
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the risk management framework
Your skills and experience:
- Experience of DB occupational pension schemes including interpreting scheme rules and dealing with complex cases
- Good knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework that governs occupational pension schemes, including the reporting and compliance requirements
- Experience developing and maintaining robust scheme governance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including an ability to communicate complex pension issues in plain English to individuals with varying degrees of pensions knowledge
- Good time management and work prioritisation
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- We offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
- 12% non contributory DC pension scheme
- Annual company bonuses
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Private medical cover
- Income Protection
- Discounted gym membership,
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Plus much more!
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about diversity and inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work. We have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.