The Ince Group
There is more to just providing legal advice, financial advice and strategic guidance. We are here to help our clients seize new opportunities that stimulate growth. We put our hearts and energy into building meaningful, lasting relationships and are passionate about connecting people.
If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling career in a supportive, inclusive and high performance work environment where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential, Ince could be the firm for you.
As a firm, we recognise that everyone has a part to play in realising our vision. We aim to have a “One Firm; One Team” mind-set in everything we do, where everyone in the firm is treated with respect and equal value. We thrive on the challenges our work brings, but it’s important to us that our people have time to make the most of life outside of work too.
Reporting into the Director/SSAS Consultant, this position will be responsible for providing full administrative support and excellent customer service across the full range of transactions relating to a portfolio of Small Self Administered Schemes (SSAS). This will include maintaining relationships with the introducing accountants, IFA’s and others as well as the clients themselves. Responsibilities include:
- Dealing with the post and answering SSAS queries by telephone, email and letter
- Representing Hanover Pensions in a professional manner
- Manage their own workflow within agreed timescales
- Assist in the establishment and registration of new schemes and the transfers in and take on of existing schemes, ensuring that all compliance, regulatory and legislative checks are carried out
- Processing transfers out of schemes and dealing with death and divorce queries and assisting is scheme take overs and the winding up of schemes.
- Dealing with applications for investment, ensuring that investment is allowed and all applications are completed fully and accurately and relevant amounts are paid to the investment provider in a timely fashion and all payments are properly authorised.
- Ensuring all registration fees and other fees are paid in a timely manner, including checking and arranging payment of invoices in respect of properties held by the schemes, payment of fees to other advisers and the Pensions Regulator and Information Commissioner.
- Ensuring that proper records of all transactions are kept and maintained so that accounts of the scheme can be prepared
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual HMRC Scheme Return and where necessary the self-assessment tax returns
- Assistance is setting up new bank accounts, ensuring that mandates are properly completed and where necessary assistance in closing bank accounts
- For schemes with loans, ensuring that loan documentation is completed and the terms are adhered to including calculation loan interest due and ensuring that this is paid.
- Develop an understanding of the wider Ince Group and all the other services that the firm can provide
- Developing good working relationships with all clients and introducers
- Developing good working relationships with all other interested third parties such as banks, solicitors, surveyors, HMRC, Information Commissioner and Pensions Regulator
- Demonstrable experience working with Small Self Administered Pension Schemes and able to demonstrate good understanding of all the rules which apply to such schemes
- Demonstrate good current knowledge of pension legislation and regulation generally
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage with all levels of stakeholders and management across the group.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills
- Strong presentation and problem solving skills
- Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously and pro-actively
- Able to multi-task and prioritise changing workloads
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays, including the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension contributions up to 5%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance at 4x Salary
- Income Protection Cover
- Optical Care vouchers and many more benefits and discounts
Please click below to apply, ensuring to attach your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
Appointment is subject to the appropriate background checks and satisfactory references.
A note to recruitment agencies: we like to recruit initially utilising our internal recruitment function so this role is only open to direct applicants. If we do need any extra help we will reach out to you and utilise our PSL in the first instance.