Our client a leading global consultancy practice have a superb opportunity to join their respected pensions team in Birmingham as a leading Team Manager. Whether you are currently a team manager and looking to expand your experience base or if you are a very experienced deputy/senior administrator looking to take your first step into team management, this role could be ideal for you. With a benefits package above the industry norm you will enjoy working in an environment where you will play a key role with the management and delivery of the pensions administration service. On a day to day basis your role with encompass the following:
- Leading performance management activities in the team by setting goals and delegating work to colleagues: holding them accountable for the delivery to agreed deadlines.
- Holding regular meetings with colleagues to review performance, discuss issues, manage expectations and provide constructive feedback.
- Leading the team by providing direction and linking colleague goals and expectations to those of the company, represents the company by helping colleagues understand their impact.
- Developing and managing team resources by creating resource plans, ensuring headcount matches plans throughout the year and develops plans for future business need.
- Managing the recruitment process for the team ensuring colleagues with the relevant skills are recruited to the team.
- Motivating and engaging colleagues by understanding their individual motivations and managing them in line with available resources.
- Organizing and monitoring current activity so that the team meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and follow the agreed processes.
- Coordinate the team’s workload ensuring both business as usual and/or projects are delivered to required deadlines and level of quality.
- Analysing data on the output of the team's work and identify issues or trends connected to errors, time-consuming tasks, under or over capacity.
- Accounting for overall team quality control, management of risks and escalations, audit and governance. Ensuring correct processes and procedures are complied with by colleagues.
- Communicating effectively in both written and verbal forms. Owning company messages and adapting the style to ensure key messages are delivered and understood by colleagues.
Candidates will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of managing/leading a Pensions team (ideally within a 3rd party administration function).
- You are likely to have a degree and a relevant Professional Qualification (eg PMI), with up to date CPD.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills to anticipate future needs/issues, including leading on identifying solutions and making recommendations.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize and execute tasks in high pressure environment. Including, the ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines using analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- A very capable communicator, confident to express your own views and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills that build long term relationships and trust.
- An ability to positively influence the behaviours and decisions of others.
- Good IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and, MS Office.
- Proven track record of People Management of a team of colleagues.
- Proven track record in delivering results to an external client base through the effective management of a team.
In addition to enjoying the benefit of working within an environment that offers a platform to significantly develop your pensions career, this role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through their flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. If you are interested in finding out more about the company and the role, please contact us on 0121 684 1555 quoting the above reference or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference number above.