The Pension Administration Practice Area provides services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes such as DB, DC, CARE and cash balance.
We provide pension management services from all our offices and this includes:
• Scheme Governance (including trustee secretarial services)
• Training and study support for trustees and in-house personnel
• Specialist roles (including interim pensions manager, expert witness work)
• Support for trustees and in-house personnel
• Bespoke one off projects
We are looking to employ an experienced pension management consultant for a permanent, full-time position.
The successful candidate will work under our WorkSmart framework where they will share time between home and the office - getting the best of both worlds.
Our Pension Management Consultants work closely with the Chair of Trustees and are responsible for liaising with the trustees’ advisers and the scheme sponsor to ensure the smooth running of trustee business. Other Pension Management services include specialist roles (including interim pensions manager), support for trustees and in-house personnel and bespoke one off projects. Example responsibilities include:
- Timely preparation and collation of papers for trustee meetings in accordance with Pension Management processes and client service level agreements
- Attending client meetings and preparing draft minutes as required
- Taking responsibility for producing and maintaining governance documents
- Implementing Pension Management marketing initiatives
- Taking personal responsibility for completion of work allocated to you, and meeting deadlines
- General consultancy, dealing with clients’ telephone queries and day-to-day correspondence, providing technical advice where needed
To be considered for this role we are looking for individuals with a sound understanding of the role of trustees in exercising discretions and managing member case queries together with an understanding of scheme governance.
Ideally, you will have some client-facing experience. We are also looking for:
- Strong organisational skills with excellent time management
- Experience managing projects would be useful
- Attention to detail
- Individuals who are driven by client satisfaction and motivated to building and maintain strong relationships with clients, advisers and with team members.
- Ideally you will be working towards a PMI or equivalent qualification
As a minimum, Maths and English in any of the following qualifications:
- GCSE grade 5 / C or above
- Scottish Intermediate 2 certificates grade A to C, Scottish Standard Grades (credit Level) grade 1 to 2 and Scottish National 5 certificates grade A to C