Our client, a professional actuarial consultancy operation, has a superb opportunity for an ambitious individual to join the Report Writing team as an Associate Report Writer.
The role will be to write (partially or completely) and peer review Expert Witness Reports relating to pensions and divorce written within the Practice Directions No 25, with responsibility to the Court, instructing solicitors and divorcing parties as appropriate.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge:
You will have a minimum of 4 years experience in the pensions industry and will be at the level of Senior Pensions Administrator or above. You will also have a minimum of A level Maths or a business-related Maths based qualification of the same level or higher. GCSE or higher in English and be proficient in the use of Word and Excel. Although not essential you will ideally possess professional qualifications from within PMI, CII or FIA.
Training will be provided but you should already have the ability to:
• Calculate and revalue defined benefit pensions and cash equivalent transfer values.
• Comment on the factors influencing changes to defined benefit pension benefits.
• Value defined contribution pension arrangements and calculate annuities at retirement in today’s money.
• Analyse member pension data for accuracy and completeness and be able to articulate what information is required to enable the report to be written to the administration team.
• Produce written work in the agreed corporate style which will meet the high standards required to ensure the company’s reputation is maintained within the marketplace.
In terms of your personal skills, the following is sought from the successful applicant:
• A confident, articulate and highly numerate individual with an eye for attention to detail.
• An individual who enjoys using their own initiative and can consider mathematical problems in a creative way.
• Has the ability to take ownership for their own work, ensuring standards are met and deadlines are met.
• Able to work well under pressure, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
• Self-motivated with eagerness to learn and keep up to date with developments in the pensions and divorce market.
• Possesses a professional approach to work and can converse confidently with fellow professionals internally and externally.
There is a very competitive salary available to the successful candidate in addition to an attractive benefits package including private medical insurance.
If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion about the role and the company. Alternatively, please send in your CV to email@example.com quoting the job reference and indicating you