Our client, a key and respected global financial consulting organisation, have an opportunity to join their team in Birmingham as a Senior Pension Project and Solutions Data Analyst. Primarily the Senior Pension Project and Solutions Data Analyst is responsible for the delivery of project change work, following defined procedures and processes.
On a day-to-day basis your responsibilities and duties will include:
Being the technical expert in the team and sharing their expertise by:
- Being a SME for processes, clients, systems and tools and being proficient in processing and checking
- Monitoring current projects
- Managing the workload in line with SLAs through the ability to organize, prioritize and make effective workload allocation decisions.
- Producing and analysing reports as required for internal and external clients and requirements
- Investigation of background to cases by reference to archived files and system data
- Identifying issues with processes handled in teams and driving a process to find and implement solutions.
- Implementing changes to tools and documentation needed to support effective service delivery.
- Increasing the level of project-based knowledge and driving continuous improvement in all areas of processing.
- Writing and maintaining knowledge documents, keeping them up to date and incorporating changes to legislation.
- Sharing best practice with colleagues through process and tool training.
- Being a role model in the team by giving constructive feedback to colleagues to improve performance and supporting the Team Manager
- Coordinating and participating in projects that will impact the work of teams and domains.
- Providing project support to the member events teams (inclusive of revenue & non-revenue generating work)
- Having an awareness of the proportion of time spent on chargeable activities.
- Reviewing the mailbox and work allocation tool and adhering to the timescales set for all tasks.
- Following processes and updating controls.
- Checking and signing off tasks/projects.
- Identifying revenue opportunities/areas of improvement and providing support for implementing the proposed changes.
As a Senior Pension Project and Solutions Data Analyst your skills and qualifications will include;
- Understanding of technical pensions and scheme benefits
- A Pension qualification is desirable
- Recent experience analysing and reconciling large data sets within a pension administration capacity
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel – intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and SQL
- High level and detailed analysis and reconciliation of data using Excel
- Good Mathematical and English skills
- Methodical work ethos and experience working within a project environment
- Methodical approach to work and working in a project environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail and ongoing commitment to provide ongoing quality
This role offers a competitive salary, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through a flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday.
If you are interested in finding out more about the company and the role, please contact us on 0121 684 1555 quoting the above reference or alternatively send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number above.