Even during these unprecedented times, my client a global leading financial services organisation is still very much “business as usual”. Staff already had the option to work on more of a flexible/remote basis prior to Covid and this is something that will carry on when office restrictions are lifted.
They are now seeking an Assistant Manager within the Retirement & Benefits team of their Pensions Investing Division, where you will be responsible for providing provide leadership for the Client/Customer Operation and Divorce team, where you will assume responsibility for, provide effective management of day-to-day operational tasks and provide guidance on the team member’s career and development. Additionally, you will also be responsible for:
- Driving forward ideas for improvements to environment/ service / procedures, obtaining feedback and approval from peers and manager.
- Taking responsibility for handling and escalating issues/concerns identified
- Manage, coach and develop individuals through each stage of their role; completes appraisal reviews twice-yearly; produces coaching and development plan for each member of the team by holding regular One to Ones
- Provides regular updates to Management on trends and issues, team performance, escalated issues/ problems, project work.
- Review, organise and coordinate the business contingency plans for Institutional Operations.
- Represents the business in internal and external meetings.
- Undertakes delegated project work, updating management and peers on progress.
You will be a self-starting individual, confident in communication through a variety of medium, coupled with a detailed understanding of pension administration and legislation, as well as someone who is a decision maker and the capabilities to identify and mitigate risks
Full details including the remuneration and benefits package that includes bonus potential, non-contributory pensions and free parking (when in office) are available on application.