The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas.
The services are provided from all of our UK offices and include:
- Benefit administration
- Cash handling and preparing draft accounts
- Pensioner payroll
- PPF assessment administration services
- Administration consulting services
- Data audits and data cleansing
- Scheme governance and trustee secretarial
- Specialist roles (secondments, expert witness)
- Bespoke one off project
- Support for trustees and in-house personnel
This position of Helpline Operator is a full-time, permanent position with the option of remote/home working. Our preferred location for this role is our Glasgow office.
A Helpline Operator’s main responsibility will be to answer and deal with calls from clients, scheme members, their representatives and other organisations in a professional and friendly manner. They will work as part of a team, potentially across several teams and offices, to ensure the speedy response rate to all calls and queries received, upholding a high standard of customer care at all times.
A team leader manages each team and work is carried out in accordance with the Pension Administration Practice Area’s control environment procedures and Customer Care ethos which are in place to ensure accuracy and timeliness of the services for clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- To act as the first point of contact for clients, scheme members, their representatives and other organisations; communicating effectively and efficiently in a professional, courteous and timely manner
- Answer a high volume of calls, promptly, and maintaining a rapid response rate to agreed standards, remaining calm and providing a professional response at all times
- Report any faults in the internal call system and any systems connected to the telephone software
- Prepare and submit telephone notes to a high standard
- Implement and apply business continuity procedures during the failure of the call system and communicate with colleagues
- Have a basic understanding of how the PPF operates (PPF Helpline Operators only)
Other duties that may extend to the role:
- Maintaining the Penstream database and preparing related correspondence
- Printing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Handling the post received and issued by the team
- Archiving files and retrieving archived files
- Carrying out member related activities in line with agreed service levels
- Support, implement and maintain Information Security procedures and activities in accordance with Barnett Waddingham’s Information Security Policy, and other Barnett Waddingham accreditations and awards
- Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
The above list is intended to describe the general nature and responsibilities of the role and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities of employees in this role
- GCSE Grade “5” or “C” in Maths and English is preferable, however experience in the role is more desirable than other academic achievements
- Experience of working in an office within a team environment is beneficial
- Excellent proven telephone and verbal communication skills
- Customer service, telephone or call centre experience is an advantage
- An understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
Key Deliverables (Objectives)
- Excellent telephone and verbal communication skills
- Well organised and conscientious to ensure calls are dealt with effectively
- Build strong effective team working relationships
- Is flexible and responsive to changing needs.
- Remains calm under pressure. Is always polite and courteous to clients and staff.