In supporting our cross selling initiative, the Business Development Executive will ensure that business development activity across the relevant practice areas and offices are delivered in a coordinated and efficient manner.
This position reports into the Proposition Manager. Key stakeholders include the Client Development Manager, Campaigns Manager and the Head of Business Development.
This is a full-time permanent position. The role location is our London office, with optional home working available however we may also consider Amersham or Birmingham if the candidate is willing to travel to London occasionally.
The Business Development Executive is responsible for supporting the Marketing and Business Development Teams with specific business development activities.
The role requires regular communication with a variety of stakeholders across the business and the candidate will be expected to support our fee earners across all our offices with their business development activities.
- Support for BD activities
- Setting up Technical evenings/webinars
- Effective implementation and integration of Marketing and BD activity
- Project management and production of BWIQ
- Preparing monthly prospecting and introducer summary report
- Updating BD sharepoint site
- CRM database data cleanse work
- Working with the business to ensure prospect and client data is correct and managing ongoing data quality
Events/thought leadership follow up
- Work with Campaigns Manager and Proposition Manager to develop pre and post event BD plan
- Work with relevant parties to develop internal communications relating to event follow up
- Manage event follow up programme post events
- Post event reporting
- Review event delegate and thought leadership downloads to identify prospect and client follow ups
- Supporting the Prospecting Team with developing their local prospects, including spreading best practice around the offices
- Conducting prospect research
- Analysing prospect data and coordinating meetings to work though competitor initiatives
- Regular calls with consultants to support lead nurturing ad development
- Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
- Support, Implement and Maintain Information Security procedures and activities in accordance to Barnett Waddingham’s Information Security Policy
The above is intended to describe the general nature and responsibilities of the role and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities of employees in this role
- Previous business development experience
- Must be a self-starter, highly organised, and able to work well with colleagues at all levels within the organisation
- Strong copywriting skills are essential
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications.
- A university degree (or equivalent) would be preferred, supported by relevant business development experience
- Grade C / 4 and above in GCSE Mathematics and English or equivalent is desirable
- Professional services experience is beneficial and pension experience is a real benefit, but not required