Established for 50 years, the IPS Group is a successful international recruitment organisation, independently owned by its Directors and staff, with offices in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Chicago. Our business coverage spans executive search, contingency recruitment and contract services. Our core markets extend across Insurance, Financial Services, Actuarial, IT, Finance and Legal.
The business is proud of its history and even more excited about its future growth and development.
The Financial Services Division has a national presence but is centred around our London office. Our primary business areas are the Pensions, Employee Benefits, Life/Health, Investment and Actuarial markets and we deal with all the main employers across these sectors including a presence on most preferred supplier lists operated by the larger companies.
Our current requirement is for an additional Senior Recruitment Consultant to develop our presence in the wider Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Financial Advisory space, a natural progression from our firmly established position in the Pensions market where we enjoy an excellent reputation. This will involve working closely with a Board Director with a number of established connections in the consulting and asset management markets which can be built on.
• Managing the 360 degree recruitment process in full
• Interviewing and developing a network of candidates to determine their personal strengths and requirements
• Matching candidates to jobs and supplying clients with carefully selected shortlists
• Briefing candidates on suitable roles and preparing them for interviews
• Managing the recruitment process, from the initial interview through to offer, acceptance, notice and start date.
• Maintaining the candidate database and promoting jobs to new and existing candidates
• Developing long term relationships with clients by building an understanding of their structure, culture, hiring needs and preference
• Extending your personal network and company’s profile using LinkedIn and appropriate industry-focused social media
• Designing and running recruitment campaigns including the creation of advertisements
The role will include a mix of servicing existing clients and developing new connections and will therefore have a clear focus on sales. Our reputation is for excellence and technical knowledge of our markets but the success of our company is also built on the commercial acumen of our consultants who need to demonstrate the requisite energy and strategic know- how to thrive in a sales driven market.
The FS division forms an integral part of the Group’s offering today. In its current form the team is currently made up of 3 employees (1 Director (London), 1 senior consultant (Manchester) 1 senior consultant in London). A high volume of roles are introduced to the team via established corporate relationships, with huge scope to develop the desk beyond this.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ recruitment experience, ideally focused on the Employee Benefits, wealth management, financial services sales and IFA markets. Some exposure to the Pensions market, or related disciplines, would be an advantage. Candidates should be able to demonstrate not only a successful sales track record in recruitment consultancy but also a commitment to deliver a professional service to clients and candidates alike.
* Previous experience of recruiting in all or one of the Employee Benefits, pensions, investment, wealth management, IFA or life assurance sectors
* Ability to demonstrate a history of managing a profitable desk; experience of mentoring and developing junior consultants would be useful
* Track record in building a permanent desk
* Strong commercial acumen and ability to work as part of a team
* Credibility to deal with senior clients
* Drive to grow a sustainable and profitable desk
In return IPS can offer you
An attractive compensation package which includes a competitive base salary, a generous combination of commission and bonus incentives and other pension and risk benefit schemes. The package is designed to reward high performers and remains one of the most lucrative in the market for those who achieve what is expected of them.
Interviews can be conducted by MS Teams or Zoom however the IPS London office is open and being staffed on a reduced basis with the Director the role reports to being on site every day. Whilst all safety and social distancing measures are being strictly adhered to, there is the facility for the successful candidate to work in the office at least some of the time, though this is not compulsory.
* The infrastructure, support and knowledge to help you build out the desk
* Established brand within the sectors described, with a steady flow of business coming to FS desk
* The back-office infrastructure to assist you with CV creation, IT support, Temp payroll, compliance, marketing, training and development.
* Market leading CRM system with a good level of historical candidate data, LinkedIn Recruiter License and access to job boards.
* A motivated management team all of whom have a strong track record of fee production within their respected areas.
* International career opportunities
* A respectful working environment encouraging professionalism and entrepreneurial drive.