This role is a temporary position (3 to 6 months) which is being offered as both a day rate and fixed term contract for the right candidate. The role offer hybrid working which includes working in the Wirral and the remainder of the week working remotely, pattern to be agreed. Part time options will also be considered for day rate candidates.
Key Overarching Role Accountabilities
1. Answer product and regulatory technical queries from across the business, to clients and colleagues, on the firms’ products, scheme rules and the regulatory and legislative environment.
2. Review processes and documentation to ensure they meet legislative, contractual and regulatory requirements - making recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
3. Assist in ensuring that products and processes are administered within FCA, HMRC, DWP and TPR practice.
4. Support the brand values with technical input into customer communications, operational processes and Customer Service development.
5. Deliver regulatory and product training.
6. Coordinate the resolution of queries from regulatory bodies.
7. Own the operational development of new products and propositions.
8. Ensure management addresses compliance and regulatory actions from second and third line assurance reviews.
9. Ensure operational control of remediation and rectification.
10. Work in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of SPS and the overall Group.
As the Pensions Technical Manager, you will be the subject matter expert in all technical pensions related queries. You will provide technical support and expertise to operational teams on our products and any supporting legislation. By keeping the Customer Services team up to date with regulatory/legislative changes around the products we offer this will ensure there is no customer detriment and also ensure that our policies and procedures remain fit for purpose by meeting legislative, contractual and regulatory requirements. You will produce technical assessments and reports and handle day to day queries.
Principle duties and outputs expected for this role will include:
· Supporting colleagues and clients with technical queries, making sure common questions are identified and used to continually improve processes, products and propositions.
· Review business processes and ways of working to ensure legislative and regulatory requirements are met, identifying improvement opportunities – tracking and reporting those through to conclusion.
· Complete periodic reviews of products, processes and procedures to ensure they are regulatorily compliant.
· Support the successful onboarding of regulatory change for operations.
· Deliver regulatory and product training to colleagues and clients.
· Own the resolution of queries from any Regulator in a timely fashion.
· Be the operational voice where new products and propositions are considered.
· Ensure management addresses compliance and regulatory actions from second and third line assurance reviews.
· Identify and track the operational control of remediation and rectification, being sure to escalate effectively where there are gaps or inaction.
· Work in line with H&S policies and requirements and adhering to good practice and policy requirements.
· Work in line with the competencies for appropriate level as per the competency framework.
· Review own performance against objectives.
· Adhering to all compliance requirements including GDPR.
· Undertake training as and when required to drive own performance and ensure compliance.
· Participate in engagement and people related initiatives with colleagues.
· Regularly review own ways of working, identify continuous improvement and smart ways of working and share feedback with management.
· Role model all competencies set for role.
· Undertake training, own personal development as and when required to support own CPD.
· Provide support to managers and directors as and when required.
· Attend meetings/team briefings with directors/managers as and when required.
· Work in accordance with all company policies, procedures, processes, best practice, and compliance requirements as appropriate.
This list is not exhaustive, and the responsibilities will vary from time to time in accordance with business needs.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Pensions qualifications or equivalent would be desirable
· Expert knowledge of SIPP Pension Operations gained in an operationally excellent administration function.
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Ability to impact operations and affect change without being confrontational.
- Proven track record in discussing technical matters in a way that is intelligible for non-experts.
- A professional qualification would be preferred allied to the commercial acumen to operate an efficient, problem solving technical function in the midst of a very busy business environment.
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Extremely well organized with strong time-management skills.
- Process Improvement
- Work Well Under Pressure
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Relationship Building