Reporting to the Administration Service Manager, this role is at the very core of Mercer Services within the Wealth arm of our business supporting Members, Trustees and Clients. The main purpose of this role is to assist managing our clients’ pension schemes by ensuring that they receive the information they need to enable them to make informed decisions on their benefits. But also, be able to build your skill set as a potential leader of our business by guiding and coaching our trainee administrators to develop their experience. You will do this through peer reviewing their work, providing constructive feedback but also role modelling your own experience dealing with complex calculations and sharing your industry knowledge.
Perhaps you have extensive experience as a Pensions Administrator and want a new change/challenge to step up into a people leader. Or, maybe you’re looking for a change of pace with a company that are market leaders and would like some versatility of clients but still with a community office feel. Whatever it is, we’d like to hear your story!
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
· Perform pensions calculations, enter pensions data and answer enquiries to the required standard using automated and non-automated manual/system processes across a wide range of member or scheme events
· To promptly and professionally communicate with clients and scheme members on queries when required via letter, e-mail and telephone
· Act as a coach and provide timely feedback to peers
· Respond to errors and ensure complaints are handled effectively
· Be a champion of change and provide opinions if you have an idea to create more efficiencies
· Act as a leader and peer review your colleagues work and guide them along the way
· Continuous achievement of 95% Service Levels for member processing and completion of scheme event processing in line with timescales agreed with the clients at the required level of quality.
· As this role will be dealing with pension calculations, it’s important that you consider the following before submitting your application:
- GSCE completion in mathematics and English (grade C and above)
- Knowledge and willingness to learn about different schemes
- Some people leader skills (confidence in providing feedback and conducting peer reviews)
- Final salary and manual occupational pension calculation experience necessary
We need people who will be adaptable to change and quick learners. Some of the skills required will be the ability to interpret incoming correspondence and create jobs on the system along with being able to draft holding replies but we will also rely on them for some of the more basic administration tasks to begin. We do need DB Pensions knowledge so that they can hit the ground running once they are shown a process.