The Pension Administration Practice Area provides services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes such as DB, DC, CARE and cash balance.
We provide pension management services from all our offices and this includes:
• Scheme Governance (including trustee secretarial services)
• Training and study support for trustees and in-house personnel
• Specialist roles (including interim pensions manager, expert witness work)
• Support for trustees and in-house personnel
• Bespoke one off projects
Due to growth in our business, we are looking to employ an Assistant Pension Management Consultant.
We envisage this person will work on a hybrid basis - sharing time between home and office so getting the best of both worlds. This role can be based in any of the following offices: Glasgow, Liverpool, Leeds, Cheltenham, Amersham, Birmingham or Bristol.
Our Assistant Pension Management Consultants report in to a Senior Pension Management Consultant and responsibilities include:
- Managing client invoice approval process
- Monitoring client budgets
- Providing services to clients in accordance with the guidance on the Pension Management Intranet site
- Assisting with the preparation of papers for trustee meetings and managing the collation and issuing of such papers on behalf of the client lead
- Attending client meetings with senior colleagues and preparing draft minutes as required
- Taking minutes at internal meetings
- Recording actions from meetings and maintaining an action log to monitor progress as required
- Assisting with preparing scheme business plans and risk registers as appropriate
- Proactively preparing and maintaining trustee training logs and conflict of interest registers and other governance documents as appropriate
- Liaising with clients as necessary, managing meetings and arrangements
- Monitoring client email in-boxes and pro-actively managing tasks as required
- Experience of working in and developing knowledge of UK pension arrangements
Desirable to have or be working towards a pensions or business qualification with a recognised professional body and if not, a willingness to make progress towards professional qualifications preferably APMI (or equivalent) would be a benefit
- Clear written and spoken communication skills
- Highly organised
What's in it for you?
Core & Flexible Benefits:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Values: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP - they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.
Wellbeing: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it's important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.
Diversity: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field.
Your progression: we offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.
Other activities: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if you’d like to join in and meet like-minded people.