The Pension Administration Practice Area provides services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes such as DB, DC, CARE and cash balance.
The primary focus of our Client Relationship Management team is to lead, develop and maintain strong working relationships with a portfolio of clients, communicating with them regularly by providing guidance and support and ensuring delivery and client satisfaction of all the administration services.
We are pleased to be seeking application for a Client Relationship Manager within our pension administration business area. This is a permanent position and can be based in any of our 8 offices. This person will join a core team of 16 CRMs providing services to our administration clients.
Criteria: It is essential that you have significant experience administering pensions. If you do not have this, please do not apply. This role is likely to be worked in a hybrid manner where the successful candidate will spend time working from both home and the office - getting the best of both worlds.
Date for your diary: interviews planned for week commencing 16th August.
The responsibilities of the pensions Client Relationship manager will broadly fall within the following areas although the emphasis will be within client management - Client Management, Consultancy, Research and Development, Technical Skills & Business Development.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ability to lead on complex or administration only clients; being responsible for managing and leading the relationship at a senior level and providing pensions consultancy support and technical guidance where appropriate.
- Using experience and expertise, be a sounding board for a portfolio of clients and make recommendations on administration matters to trustee boards.
- Support client development where Barnett Waddingham has the skills and experience to further assist clients.
- Working with a Project Manager as appropriate, oversee large, complex client projects (which may include projects outside of your own client base) and new business implementations, as required. Bring together internal “cross function” client teams to deliver projects and services on time and within budget.
- A confident presenter who will attend (and may host) client meetings, present administration and other reports and be able to articulate and communicate complex and difficult messages clearly and consistently.
- Understand requirements of Pension Legislation, Regulations, and other guidance.
- Demonstrate a strong commercial awareness, present fee proposals and be involved in drafting Administration Agreements and negotiating the terms and conditions.
- Ability to problem solve, provide guidance, solutions, suggestions and alternative options for clients to make informed decisions to reach their objectives and proven ability to consider wider aspects when building and presenting solutions.
Act as a mentor to more junior colleagues, working with them to develop their skills and acting as a role model. Maybe required to take on line manager responsibilities
About the Person
- Significant client facing experience working at a high level within an organisation administering pension schemes gained over a number of years.
- Strong commercial awareness with experience of budgetary control.
- Strong communication skills including experience of deliving presentations to larger audiences
What's in it for you?
Core & Flexible Benefits:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices