The Pension Administration Practice Area provides services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes such as DB, DC, CARE and cash balance.
This is an exciting time of growth for the business so we are looking to recruit a number of experienced DB Pension Administrators to join our Leeds teams.
Our office is based in central Leeds within just a few minutes walk of the railway station and close to all other major bus and car routes.
We expect this role to be performed on a hybrid basis sharing time between home and office.
You will be managing a portfolio of clients, preparing manual and computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence. You’ll be maintaining the member database; preparing computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence.
You will carry out and check cash handling functions, liaising with the bank and investment managers as appropriate.
You will process and check client pensioner payrolls.
You will liaise with authorities including DWP, HMRC, The Pensions Regulator and the Information Commissioner.
You will be responsible for reading, researching and understanding the documentation relating to each scheme.
You will check work of other team members, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
You’ll be required to undertake ad-hoc project based or committee work.
You will take responsibility for monitoring the completion of the annual report and accounts within agreed timescales.
You’ll also attend client meetings and present administration reports.
You’ll have a solid background in DB pension administration.
Ideally you will hold the Certificate in Pension Calculations or be progressing with other PMI examinations. If not, we'd be happy to provide study support.
You'll also need to have a minimum of GCSE Grade “5” or “C” in Maths and English and a strong understanding of Microsoft Office.
What's in it for you?
Core & Flexible Benefits:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
Giving Something Back:
- 1 paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
- Support your favourite charity with the "Give as You Earn" option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
- Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Values: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP - they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.
Wellbeing: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it's important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.
Diversity: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field.
Your progression: we offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.
Other activities: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if you’d like to join in and meet like-minded people.