Pension Administration - Team Leader
The Pension Administration Practice Area provides services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes such as DB, DC, CARE and cash balance.
Due to an internal promotion, we are pleased to invite applications for the position of Pension Administration Team Leader - PPF. Pension Administration Team Leaders at BW play a key role in not only supporting and managing their teams but in identifying and developing efficiencies to enhance client service and profitability. In this role, you will be managing a team who administer PPF schemes.
We expect this role to be mainly office-based.
At Barnett Waddingham, the primary focus for a Pension Administration Team Leader will be on team and staff management to ensure that all client needs are met. Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Managing team workload, activity and client portfolio while monitoring performance against service level agreements, including the preparation of annual benefit statements and annual accounts
- Actively manage the team to adhere to specific targets and respond to the need for a rapid turnaround of work within PPF guidelines
- Maintain a clear understanding of how the PPF operates and the nature and type of compensation.
- Carry out complex calculations and tasks involved in working on PPF schemes
- Providing project management support if required
- Motivating and facilitating effective team working and ensuring the team looks for efficiency gains wherever possible
- Holding regular meetings with all team members to discuss workloads and client issues
- Working closely with senior managers to ensure that team members are performing effectively
- Identifying development needs, providing coaching and training where necessary or mentoring to provide constructive feedback
- Undertaking annual development reviews for all team members and managing under performance where appropriate
- Conducting one-to-one discussions with team members
- Managing the holiday, sickness and absence process
- Working closely with HR on recruitment and interviewing
We are looking for a technically strong and experienced PPF pension administrator who is looking to develop team management skills while retaining technical knowledge
If you are invited to interview, we will be looking for you to set out your plan of how you will manage the team.
As a minimum, Maths and English in any of the following qualifications:
- GCSE grade 5 / C or above
- Scottish Intermediate 2 certificates grade A to C, Scottish Standard Grades (credit Level) grade 1 to 2 or Scottish National 5 certificates grade A to C
- Ideally, you will be professionally qualified with a pensions qualification or actively progressing towards it
- Sound working knowledge Microsoft Office
What's in it for you?
Core & Flexible Benefits:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
Giving Something Back:
- 1 paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
- Support your favourite charity with the "Give as You Earn" option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
- Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Values: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP - they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.
Wellbeing: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it's important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.
Diversity: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field.
Your progression: we offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.
Other activities: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if you’d like to join in and meet like-minded people.