Manager - Risk Support
CI$74,796.00 – CI$100,776.00
The Public Service Pensions Board (PSPB) is a statutory authority established to administer the public sector pension plans in the Cayman Islands. These include: the Public Service Pensions Plan, the Parliamentary Pensions Plan and the Judicial Pensions Plan. Both Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution types of provisions are involved.
The Manager, Risk Support, assists and supports the Chief Operation Officer with risk management programs that span multiple functional groups in the evaluation of the organizations processes and systems. We are looking to identify a successful candidate for the post of Manager, Risk Support. The successful candidate will have oversight of the development of the PSPB’s risk management policies and programs to ensure internal controls, processes and systems are effectively supporting the organization, while minimizing risk, maximizing profits and asset growth, minimizing credit and operating losses and limiting other risk exposures.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently to conduct routine and complex audit projects, including planning, organizing and scheduling work to ensure that audit activities are completed accurately and on time; and will have responsibility for the following:
- Develops, implements and administers risk management programs to mitigate the organization’s exposure to financial, operational, market, or other risks
- Establishes risk tolerance guidelines and policies and ensures the risk exposure of the organization is within these guidelines to protect the organizations assets
- Ability to carry out qualitative and quantitative assessment of risk; has a working understanding of integrated risk management processes
- Develops process for effective and efficient risk reporting and data analysis to communicate and identify risk exposure
- Keeps up to date on developments in regulatory compliance risk management that may affect the organization, and works to identify ways to improve internal processes and procedures accordingly to minimize risk exposure
- Develops in consultation with the Chief Operating Officer quarterly risk reporting to the Board and/or senior management to inform decision making.
Qualifications and Experience (at a minimum):
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in a pensions administration environment in the field of risk management
- Well-developed managerial skills to liaise efficiently at all levels of management
- Analytical and interpersonal skills
- Professional designation in Accounting and Risk Management
- Knowledge of Risk Management including operational and financial risk issues
- Knowledge of how government works and how pension’s plans are managed
The Board offers an attractive compensation package including pension and medical. Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Please click below to apply. Make sure to include your Resume and three References that attests to your character and job-related activities to:
The Chief HR and Operations Officer, Public Service Pensions Board, P.O. Box 912, KY1 1103
Closing date: February 28, 2020