We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance and we strive to employ staff who share our values and can bring special skills - enhancing the service that we provide to our clients.
Our past growth has been significant. The SSAS (Small Self-Administered Scheme) product was launched in 1989 and has been enhanced since then through both organic growth and portfolio acquisitions. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to oversee all client work for a given group of clients, to ensure a high level of service is delivered at the most effective cost whilst ensuring regulatory and legislative requirements are met, and all clients are treated fairly. Responsibilities will include:
- Attending client meetings.
- Ensuring all invoices are prepared and settled in a timely manner and recorded correctly, in such a way that adds value for money to clients.
- Carrying out all activities in relation to those clients except where it is more efficient to pass on to a Client Administrator or support staff.
- Managing daily work flow in relation to the given group of clients and understand likely future work flows in coming months.
- Identifying risk and raising awareness with your Team Leader of the underlying causes.
- Supporting the SSAS (and, if appropriate, the SIPP) proposition both proactively and reactively and managing client expectations to ensure you retain them as well as looking for new business potential.
- To continually look for more effective or efficient ways of working, suggesting any improvement projects that will enhance service and increase productivity.
- Where appropriate provide constructive feedback for others in order to improve their understanding, knowledge and development.
- Be responsible for ensuring that your own expertise and knowledge is maintained and updated.
- To provide management statistics to the Team Leader for a given group of clients when required.
- Senior Client Managers may possibly have dedicated Client Administrators to support them and some may even also perform a Team Leader role.
- Less experienced Client Managers may carry out administration activity themselves to maximise efficiency. In either case it may be appropriate for some client activity/responsibilities to be passed to a Client Administrator but the accountability remains with the Client Manager.
About the Person
- We are looking for solid experience with the SSAS product and an expertise in pensions
- Candidates will need to have strong problem-solving skills - using initiative and research where necessary
- We'll also be looking for a structured and conscientious appropach to work in order to prioritse effectively
- At Barnett Waddingham we work as a team for the benefit of the client, to share knowledge and to deliver the best possible service so we will need to see evidence of team working
- A minimum of grade C / 4 in Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent
- A strong working ability in MS Office programmes
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t necessarily mean climbing the career scale or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- Dress-down Fridays
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Well-being at Barnett Waddingham
Employee well-being has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that well-being at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. Our aim is to create an environment which allows individuals to be satisfied at work, be successful in what they do and enable them to achieve their full potential. We have a number of programmes to support well-being at Barnett Waddingham.
Diversity at Barnett Waddingham
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success. An essential part of this is developing teams who give and welcome different opinions, perspectives and cultural reference; bringing a real richness in our day to day activities, which will achieve better business results, for both ourselves and for our clients. It will also enable us to access a wider talent pool without any boundaries or bias.
We define diversity and inclusion in the following ways:
Respecting differences - we recognise, respect and value individual differences, which may include gender, background, education, religion, ethnicity or perspective. It is the individual that matters and the skills they bring to our organisation.
Inclusion is about embracing these differences for the future of the company. We have created an environment where all our people feel valued and respected, where people give their best. No member of staff should feel excluded from any activity because of their own background.