To ensure that a professional and efficient administration service is provided to our membership in accordance with BTPSA service contracts and agreed administrative procedures. The role requires strong technical pensions knowledge with experience of checking and mentoring junior members of staff.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support the Team Leader to ensure work is well planned and organised within the team and is accurate, timely and of the right quality.
- Work closely with Pensions Administrators, which involves checking work, validating data and providing support on difficult cases.
- Ensuring Quality Management processes and procedures are being fully complied with and suggesting improvements when they can be improved
- Recording quality checking results to help identify common issues, understand root causes and make changes to existing training or processes
- Providing feedback to administrators on any errors observed during process checking, providing guidance on necessary corrections
- Authorise system amendments, data updates and member record amendments.
- To provide technical and practical support to the team.
- Advise and liaise with external organisations/clients on scheme member benefit entitlements.
- Specific additional roles dependent upon the team on which they are working.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of team specific processes including pension scheme rules and procedures.
- Compliance with Data Protection/Health and Safety/Quality Management processes and procedures.
- Supporting and contributing to continuous improvement activities within the business, with a focus on removing waste and improving processes to give a better member experience.
- Other duties, as required.
At least three years’ experience of working in pensions administration as part of an operational delivery team. They must be able to work effectively as part of a team, to guide or coach colleagues to provide quality outcomes and provide feedback on individual and team performance. They should have the ability to promote quality and must have strong customer focus together with excellent communication skills.
- The candidate will have solid experience in pensions administration, particularly with DB pensions
- Have a working knowledge of:
- Scheme rules and practices
- HMRC rules and regulations
- Pensions and related employer legislation
- Ability to coach and support members of the team • In-depth knowledge of all Microsoft Office software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- The candidate will have excellent communication skills with the ability to provide constructive feedback and guidance to colleagues
- Ability to organise work to ensure focus on key priorities and maintain service levels
- Experience in pension administration software products, e.g. Profund or other Pension administration platforms
- Proven track record/demonstrable record as an experienced pensions practitioner or PMI pensions qualification.
- Educated to A level with strong English Language and Mathematics at GCSE level (grades C to A*)