Pensions Technical & Governance Specialist (In House) – Part-Time, Job-Share and Full-Time
Location: Homeworker – the successful candidate must be willing to travel to the Birmingham and Gloucester Offices for occasional meetings (travel expenses will be covered)
Salary: Up to circa £50,000 per annum depending on experience, plus excellent benefits.
Closing date for applications: 10th November 2023
At Zurich, we are committed to supporting every employee to progress in their careers and therefore encourage internal moves through a transparent posting and selection process. We also ask you to inform your current line manager about your application beyond the first interviews in the spirit of transparency.
Are you an occupational pensions professional, currently working in a consultancy or in-house role, looking to further your career as a technical and governance specialist? You may have a background in pensions administration, governance or other consultancy experience. If so, we’d really like to hear from you.
We are an in-house pensions team providing pension scheme management for Zurich’s UK employee pension schemes with combined assets of £7.5 bn and a membership of over 40,000. With ever increasing pensions legislation and regulation we are looking for someone to join the team as a technical and governance specialist. The role could suit someone who already has all the relevant experience, or someone keen to broaden their career prospects by developing new skills. Support is available if you are working towards relevant professional qualifications.
Many of our employees work flexibly in a variety of different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
What will you be doing?
- Analyse incoming or proposed legislative or regulatory changes and make recommendations to the Governance and Secretariat Manager for appropriate change
- Work collaboratively with the in-house team and advisers to scope and deliver projects and new initiatives
- Produce papers and procure advice for the Trustee boards and implement Trustee decisions and actions
- Develop and maintain Trustee governance frameworks and policies
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the risk management framework
- Provide the in-house team and UK businesses with proactive, accurate and timely technical support on complex pensions matters
- Interpret and apply the scheme rules for complex individual cases
What are we looking for?
- Good knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework that governs DB / DC occupational pension schemes, including the reporting and compliance requirements
- Experience developing and maintaining robust scheme governance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including an ability to communicate complex pension issues in plain English to individuals with varying degrees of pensions knowledge
- Experience interpreting scheme rules and dealing with complex member cases
- The ability to work effectively from home as part of a team
- Good time management and work prioritisation
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
What happens next?
As an inclusive employer we want to ensure that all candidates feel comfortable and are able to perform at their best during the interview. You’ll have the opportunity to let us know of any reasonable adjustment or practical support needed when you apply.
Who we are:
At Zurich we aspire to be one of the most responsible and impactful businesses in the world and the best global insurer. Together we’re creating a brighter future for our customers, our people and our planet.
With over 55,000 employees in more than 170 countries, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company who are a long-standing player in the insurance industry.
We’ve made a promise to each other and every employee; to focus on sustainable impact, to care about each other’s wellbeing, to use our diverse expertise to be curious and optimistic and to develop the skills needed for our future.
If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. Be part of something great.
At Zurich, our sense of community is strong and we’re particularly passionate about diversity and inclusion, which we’ve won numerous awards for.
We want our people to bring the whole of themselves to work and ensure everybody is made to feel welcome, regardless of their background, beliefs or culture. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our customers, and so are committed to treating all of our applicants fairly and with respect, irrespective of their actual or assumed background, disability or any other protected characteristic.
We’ve an environment that places a real importance on our people’s wellbeing from a physical, mental, social and financial perspective. We work with our wellbeing partners and industry experts to provide the best advice and access to a wealth of lifestyle support. We’re also committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
We’re passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity. Our charitable arm, Zurich Community Trust, is one of the longest-established corporate trusts in the UK. In that time, we’ve awarded grants and volunteered time to deserving causes in the UK valued at over £90 million.