We're a truly international company, fourth largest in our industry and operating across 120 markets. An inclusive, innovative global FMCG business supported by over 27,500 employees. As we embrace a new era of growth, we are transforming. Our ways of working and culture are driven by a challenger mindset, constantly questioning the status quo. Our agility and entrepreneurial spirit, alongside award winning development programmes, enable innovation and success while creating exciting and rewarding career choices.
As we move forward, our customers will be at the heart of what we do, evolving to needs and expectations and committing to a more meaningful contribution to harm reduction by building a successful NGP business. Integral to our long-term success is our sustainability strategy, behaving responsibly and supporting our ambitions, all underpinned by high governance.
Encouraging inclusion at local levels and supporting a developing and robust diversity agenda globally, we’re fully committed to creating and maintaining an environment that celebrates and respects difference.
This is an exciting new role where you will be working closely with the Director of Treasury and Assistant Treasurer where appropriate. In this role you will be expected to manage global pension risk for the Group. You will also lead and drive the group’s risk management strategy for global pensions and oversee and deliver key de-risking projects as well as bringing an enhanced level of visibility, control, reporting and management centrally.
The role is expected to bring a new level of strategic influence to pensions risk management globally and drive changes to strategy and governance aligned to the Group’s core strategy and approach.
- Owns, establishes, drives and implements the strategy for the financial risk management of pensions for the Group which is aligned to the overall Group strategy
- Providing a level of oversight, strategic governance, visibility, reporting, control, engagement and strategic influence around the Group’s financial risk management of global pensions
- Identify, monitor, report and mitigate global pension risk, including any ongoing litigation and regulatory / legislative changes
- Lead and facilitate the development of Global Pension relationships with external counterparties including Actuaries, Trustees, Lawyers, Auditors, Investment Consultants and other strategic pension advisors
- Identify opportunities and build relationships to influence counterparties to achieve Group risk management objectives
- Drive the development of strategic plans and designs for global schemes alongside group and local sponsors, including advisor selection where appropriate
- Working with Financial Control, to play an integral part in aligning key messages and outputs through the IAS19 review process and reporting within the annual report and accounts
- Proactively facilitate collaboration across internal stakeholders, including Pension departments, Group and local finance teams, Group Reward, Human Resources, local management and various other committees globally. Including, attending certain pension committees around the Group
- Ensures that the Group’s reputation in the global pension markets is maintained and developed
- Monitors, manages and influences any ESG implications on global pensions managements
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ideally APMI or FPMI professional qualification
- Strong background with Pension management/pension fund management
- Broad experience in a complex FTSE 100 global pension role, with a breadth of relevant pensions experience gained at a professional level
- Previous experience of supporting a Trustee (or similar) body
- Proven ability to build relationships, influence and drive change
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to challenge directives that impact financial and operational performance of the functional area
WHAT WE OFFER
Imperial Brands offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Interested applicants should apply with their CV highlighting their suitability for the role.