Our Pension Administration Practice Area provides services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes such as DB, DC, CARE and cash balance.
We are now recruiting for a Senior Pension Fund Accountant to join the team who can be based in either of our Birmingham, Cheltenham, Bristol, Glasgow, Liverpool or Leeds offices. Please specify your preference when applying.
You will be responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of accounting records along with the reconciliation of complex investments. You will prepare statutory pension scheme trustee reports and accounts for a portfolio of clients, ensuring that legislative timescales and client requirements are met. You will organise and supervise the audit process, liaising with auditors, clients and third parties as required. You will also need to maintain effective client relationships with trustees and auditors. You will provide and review financial management information for clients including quarterly management accounts, budgeting reports, cashflow data and also be responsible for submitting tax returns where required. You will be responsible for checking the work of other team members, ensuring accuracy and compliance with procedures and legislation including the Statement of Recommended Practice.
You will need to have really strong financial accounting skills and demonstrate a substantial knowledge and understanding of pension accounting procedures. Ideally you’ll be educated to degree level with GCSE Maths and English Grade C/5 or equivalent as a minimum. You’ll also need a relevant qualification within the finance industry, such as CIMA or ACCA, or progress with ACCA /CIMA examinations is essential. Proven experience in a similar role is essential.
What's in it for you
- Working for a company listed as being in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2020
- A competitive (discretionary) annual bonus which has been paid out every year since BW's inception in 1989.
- A set of core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year
- A generous pension scheme – we contribute 8% from day one of your employment
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your age and lifestyle including holiday trading, tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover for family, extension of life assurance for partners, interest-free season ticket loan, dining card with discounts of up to 50%, give as you earn to your favourite charity, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including fitness centres, travel and leisure companies.
- Career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development.
- Fresh fruit and hot & cold drinks provided free of charge
- Sports & social clubs and groups
- Dress-down Fridays
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is an awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Diversity at Barnett Waddingham
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.