The Investment Consulting Practice Area currently primarily provides investment consultancy services to the pension schemes of UK companies. We are now expanding our services to cover other asset pools which includes sustainable investment.
We are looking to recruit a Sustainable Investment Consultant.
You will undertake and co-ordinate research into sustainable investment and generate sustainable investment thought leadership, developing active engagement with clients and advising on sustainable investment into their investment strategy. You’ll lead the development of processes for client compliance with Sustainable Investment/ESG requirements and will research and review sustainable investment integration within investment products. You’ll also co-ordinate analyst support for sustainable investment research.
This role can be based at either of our Amersham, Birmingham, Bristol, Cheltenham, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool or London offices so please specify your preference when applying.
You’ll have at least 3 years’ experience working in a sustainable investment-related role and at least 5 years of investment-related experience in total. You'll be self-motivated with the ability to take personal responsibility for the provision of services to your clients. You'll have strong problem solving abilities and be confident in answering queries raised by clients.
What’s in it for you?
- Working for a company listed as being in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2020
- A competitive (discretionary) annual bonus which has been paid out every year since BW's inception in 1989.
- A set of core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year
- A generous pension scheme – we contribute 8% from day one of your employment
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your age and lifestyle including holiday trading, tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover for family, extension of life assurance for partners, interest-free season ticket loan, dining card with discounts of up to 50%, give as you earn to your favourite charity, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including fitness centres, travel and leisure companies.
- Career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development.
- Fresh fruit and hot & cold drinks provided free of charge
- Sports & social clubs and groups
- Dress-down Fridays
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is an awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Diversity at Barnett Waddingham
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.