West Yorkshire Pension Fund (WYPF) administers the Local Government Pension Scheme for over 400 employers based throughout the UK. The Fund has nearly 400,000 members and is valued over £15bn. In addition we have a shared service partnership with Lincolnshire Pension Fund, the London Boroughs of Hounslow and Barnet and a number of Fire Authorities for the administration of the Firefighters Pension Schemes.
We are a forward-thinking organisation that is continuing to introduce more automation and digital services to improve member and scheme employer engagement. We are committed to providing a pension administration service of the highest standard while developing our staff so that they can fulfil their potential.
As part of a recruitment campaign we have a number of vacancies that will be advertised over the next 6 months. Currently we are recruiting for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join us in the following key role:
Employer Relations Manager
PO3/PO4 £35,745 - £41,881 pa (Pro rata for Part Time)
1 x 37 hours per week
Based at Aldermanbury House
You will manage the Employer Relations Team who provide support, advisory, training, consultancy and pension services to employer organisations in multiple LGPS funds and Fire Authorities,
You will manage and develop relationships with all types of scheme employers demonstrating strategic initiative, professional, managerial and technical competence.
You will oversee the training of all employers in their responsibilities under the scheme(s), overriding legislation and the financial and regulatory risks of failing in these responsibilities.
You will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Pension Scheme administration of which 2 years at a senior level
- The Foundation Degree in Pensions Administration and Management (CIPP) qualification or an equivalent relevant professional qualification.
- Experience of creating and delivering presentations and training to Employers and scheme members.
- In depth technical knowledge of current pensions legislation including LGPS, Fire and other public sector pension schemes
- Evidence of high level initiative, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
In return, for the above position, we can offer:
- Flexible working
- LGPS Pension
- Career pathways
- Ongoing training and development
All of the roles are based at Aldermanbury House, Bradford City Centre however, due to the impact of COVID-19 there has been a requirement for homeworking. We are committed to flexible working to ensure there is a better work/life balance, supported by the right technology.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (Scotland) will be undertaken for this post
Closing Date: 10th January 2020