The Pensions Ombudsman (TPO) is looking for an Enquiries Specialist to accept a rewarding role as part of a growing and busy team, based in modern offices in Canary Wharf.
TPO is a free, independent organisation set up to help people that have any complaints/issues about workplace pensions. We are impartial and aim to constantly support one another to provide the best service we can for the people who need us most.
Your new role
The role of TPO’s Enquiries function is to deal with all enquiries over the telephone and in writing. The principles that enshrine the Enquiries function are, to engage with the customer, educate/empower the customer and to resolve the enquiry.
The role of the Enquiries Specialist is to work on all phone and written enquiries, especially enquiries that would have been suitable for Early Resolution.
The Enquiries Specialist will also be responsible for mentoring and supporting First Contact Specialists in answering a variety of different enquiries.
The role reports to the Enquiries Manager.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience and understanding of operating in a pension-related or regulatory, ombudsman or dispute resolution environment.
- General knowledge of occupational and personal pension arrangements.
- Experience of dealing with phone enquiries and complex written enquiries.
- Excellent communication skills – Able to communicate clearly over the telephone and answer written enquiries concisely.
- Dealing with difficult customers either over the telephone or in writing.
- Strong organisational skills, able to work remain calm and under pressure to meet objectives.
- Experience of mentoring either existing colleagues or new starters.
- Strong comprehension, able to ask the right questions regardless of the type of enquiry.
- Track record of problem-solving.
Ability to show empathy when dealing with sensitive matters
Rewards include a competitive salary plus a range of excellent benefits including:
- Membership of a well-defined benefit pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays + 2½ privilege days.
- Flexitime - we offer flexible working hours.
- The opportunity to work from home.
- Opportunities to develop your skills and career.
- An excellent working environment – great office and great facilities.
Closing date: Monday 05 October 2020
Interview dates: TBC