BW are an independent UK consultancy dealing in risk, pensions, investment and insurance with over 1,200 employees spread across 8 offices. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes such as DB, DC, CARE and cash balance.
As a result of winning new business, we are looking for a number of Senior Administrators to work in our brand new offices in Birmingham!
You will be managing a portfolio of clients as well as managing projects to ensure all deadlines and budgets are met. You'll be checking manual and computer generated benefit calculations for accuracy and checking updates to the member database. You'll undertake a proactive client facing role which will involve attending client meetings and communicating with clients, their members and advisors. You'll assist with promoting our admin services and systems to existing and potential new clients. You'll be responsible for checking cash handling functions, liaising with the bank and investment managers as appropriate. You'll also be responsible for checking client pensioner payrolls, including calculation of net pay and arranging payments. You'll also liaise with authorities including DWP, HMRC, The Pensions Regulator and the Information Commissioner.
You'll also be required to deputise for the Team Leader as agreed and delegate where appropriate.
Ideally you'll have a relevant degree, Certificate in Pension Calculations or progress with other PMI examinations. A strong background in DB pension administration is essential for this role. You'll also need to have minimum of GCSE Grade “5” or “C” in Maths and English.
What's in it for you
- Working for a company listed as being in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2020
- A competitive (discretionary) annual bonus which has been paid out every year since BW's inception in 1989.
- A set of core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year
- A generous pension scheme – we contribute 8% from day one of your employment
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your age and lifestyle including holiday trading, tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover for family, extension of life assurance for partners, interest-free season ticket loan, dining card with discounts of up to 50%, give as you earn to your favourite charity, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including fitness centres, travel and leisure companies.
- Career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development.
- Fresh fruit and hot & cold drinks provided free of charge
- Sports & social clubs and groups
- Dress-down Fridays
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is an awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Diversity at Barnett Waddingham
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.