Our client, one of the leading independent UK pension consultancies has a superb opportunity for a Senior DC Pensions Administrator to work within their DC pensions administration team based in Birmingham City Centre and provide an efficient and proactive administration service and guidance for colleagues on Defined Contribution Pension schemes and DC related activities within Third Party Administration.
Day to day responsibilities include:
• Collating and analysing member data and maintains member records on the system.
• Processing core administration services in relation to DC pension schemes.
• Supports with processing a variety of DC pension scheme related tasks and projects.
• Responsibility for regular monthly/annual DC processes.
• Processing a range of non-routine documentation within defined procedures as well as resolves member and client enquiries.
• Responding to individual enquiries from members, clients and other third parties, in accordance with target standards of performance.
• Developing analysis models, to include Defined Contribution (DC) lifestyle checks and DC Metrics
• Working with the TPA Administration teams to continuously improve the DC processes within the Business Unit.
• Providing ad hoc support on DC processing to the pensions administrators responsible for processing DC transactions.
• Being point of escalation on non-routine and more complex cases and queries.
• Acting as the internal champion for DC processes and transactions within TPA.
• Working alongside the TPA Systems Development team to improve and develop the pensions administration system
• Supporting and providing training and guidance to less experienced member of the DC admin team.
The following key skills and experience are required:
• Strong proven Defined Contribution pension scheme administration knowledge and experience of applying this in a practical pensions administration work setting
• Strong numerical and analytical skills.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills - able to juggle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Report writing
• A strong team worker and works collaboratively with others.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook.
• Client and member servicing experience.
• May already have some experience of basic day-to-day pension Defined Contribution and / or Defined Benefits pension schemes administration.
In return you will enjoy:
• A highly competitive salary
• Award Winning Benefits package
• Exceptional learning & development opportunities
• An excellent working environment with a strong social scene
If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion about the role and the company. Alternatively, please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference and indicating your salary expectations.