We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality. We aim to continue our growth by recruiting talented and committed individuals that have the desire to learn and develop. We strive to employ staff who share our values and can bring special skills - enhancing the service that we provide to our clients.
A Small Self-Administered Scheme (SSAS) lets an individual save for retirement whilst retaining a high level of control over how their money is invested and looked after. Our clients own over 2,850 commerical properties within their portfolios along with a variety of other investments.
Our SSAS team consists of over 50 professionals spread over 5 offices and we are now delighted to announce that we are recruiting a Client Administrator to join our Amersham office.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to carry out any administration tasks for clients as required by the Client Manager and ensure a high level of service is delivered and all clients are treated fairly.
- You will need really strong communication and organisational skills as you will be responsible for making sure that all administration is relevant to clients' needs and that you are delivering it within agreed service levels. Communication will be via telephone, email, letter and occasionally face-to-face.
- You will be the sort of person who likes to take ownership of their tasks - makes sure that they are completed to a high standard and communicated to the client cliearly.
- It is vital that we accurately and appropriately record time against tasks on a daily basis so you should have a strong eye for detail.
- You will also be the sort of person who looks for more effective ways of working and of improving the service we offer to our SSAS clients - as we grow it is vital that we continue to provide the very best service and make sure our processes are fit for purpose.
Experience and Qualifications
- We are ideally looking for some experience with the SSAS product and a good awareness of pensions but will consider paraplanning or other private client administration experience
- Candidates will need to have strong problem-solving skills - using initiative and research where necessary
- We'll also be looking for a structured and conscientious approach to work in order to prioritise effectively
- At Barnett Waddingham we work as a team for the benefit of the client, to share knowledge and to deliver the best possible service so we will need to see evidence of team working
- A minimum of grade C / 5 in Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent
- A strong working ability in MS Office programmes
What we offer
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Match funding for employees supporting recognised charities
- Dress-down Fridays
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. Our aim is to create an environment which allows individuals to be satisfied at work, be successful in what they do and enable them to achieve their full potential. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.
- Our environment - we have an obligation to reduce the impact that we have on the environment and we consider our consumption, waste, and travel to set clear improvement targets.
- Sustainable development - we aim to avoid adverse social and environmental impact in our supply-chain by reducing the environmental impact from service contractors as well as purchasing products that meet recognised environmental standards.
- Ethical procurement - People in our supply-chain must be treated with respect and have clear employment rights; we would not knowingly use any service contractors who contravened any such issues.
- Charities and volunteering - Our employees make a valuable contribution through their volunteering - each employee is entitled to take one working day a year to volunteer for a recognised good cause. We also match any employee’s personal donations or sponsorship to recognised organisations and charities