Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
The projects team provides support to the on-going administration teams by carrying out administration project work on both a regular basis and as required on an ad-hoc basis
Due to continued expansion and new business we are looking to recruit a new Senior Pension Projects Administrator for our Bromsgrove office.
The Senior Pension Projects Administrator will have involvement in the following:-
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Pensions Regulator’s record keeping requirements and ensure the pension administration database is maintained so data quality standards are met
- Check complex manual and computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
- Check complex annual benefit statement calculations, annual Allowance calculations, SMPIs and Pension Savings statements
- Check calculations and output of complex data rectification exercises
- Work with the Project Manager to create a Project Plan and proposed budget
- Take responsibility for all administration and payroll duties for new client implementations
- Provide updates at regular project meetings, including those held with clients
- Read, research, and understand Scheme documentation and legislationto produce a benefit specification
- Support the Pension Administration Projects Team Leader in managing team workloads and developing junior team members, or deputise when required
- Support effective team working and encourage the team to look for efficiency gains and opportunities to carry out chargeable project work
- Provide regular updates on project work carried out within the team to the local Management Team
- Support the Pension Administration Projects Team Leader in ensuring that team members are performing effectively, providing coaching and training where necessary
- Attend meetings with prospects and clients
- Liaise with project managers to ensure projects are progressed
- Undertake consultancy, project based or committee work as agreed
- Train and support colleagues following development and process improvements
Qualifications & Experience
- GCSE/A levels are required.A relevant degree, QPA or progress with PMI examinations is desirable together with experience appropriate for the role in pension administration.
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of PRINCE 2 project methodologies.
What we offer at Barnett Waddingham
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t necessarily mean climbing the career scale or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge (along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate) – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social, cultural activities, clubs and groups
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Modern and comfortable offices where reasonable adjustments can be made in order for you carry-out your role in a safe and effective way
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. Our aim is to create an environment which allows individuals to be satisfied at work, be successful in what they do and enable them to achieve their full potential. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.
1.Our environment - we have an obligation to reduce the impact that we have on the environment and we consider our consumption, waste, and travel to set clear improvement targets.
2.Sustainable development - we aim to avoid adverse social and environmental impact in our supply-chain by reducing the environmental impact from service contractors as well as purchasing products that meet recognised environmental standards.
3.Ethical procurement - People in our supply-chain must be treated with respect and have clear employment rights; we would not knowingly use any service contractors who contravened any such issues.
4.Charities and volunteering - Our employees make a valuable contribution through their volunteering - each employee is entitled to take one working day a year to volunteer for a recognised good cause.
5.We also match any employee’s personal donations or sponsorship to recognised organisations and charities.