We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Senior DB Pensions Administrator.
This role will require a person who has excellent administrative skills, who is customer focused and enjoys a challenging working environment.
You will need to have excellent organisational skills and be highly competent in Excel and be able to prioritise workload of multiple schemes and adhere to fixed time scales.
Job responsibilities will include:
- To accurately calculate a variety of complex quotes and benefits, this will include retirement quotes, leavers’ benefits, death benefits and spouse benefits etc.
- To develop manual calculations on excel for your own schemes.
- To hold meetings with both clients and trustees to explain your calculations and administrative processes for their scheme.
- Training and mentoring of junior members of the team.
- Check transfer value statements before being issued out.
- Draft letters and reports in relation to pension queries.
- Ensure pension increases are accurately checked and run.
- Be able to confidently conduct and check bulk calculations.
- Taking ownership when authorising the sign off of valuation data.
- Dealing with ad-hoc client/member queries.
- Complete/check annual scheme returns.
- Suggest positive ideas and enhancements for the working practice.
- Audit pension renewals.
Additional duties general duties will include:
- Logging workload.
- Supporting other senior staff.
- Occasionally carrying out other duties and additional responsibilities.
- Minimum of 8 GCSEs including Maths and English
- A levels/degree would be advantageous.
- Wiling to study for professional exams – APE, RPC, ADRP, CPC
Essential knowledge, experience and skills:
DC calculation experience preferable.
Minimum of 5+ years’ experience of defined benefits/defines contribution pension scheme administration.