We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality. We aim to continue our growth by recruiting talented and committed individuals that have the desire to learn and develop. We strive to employ staff who share our values and can bring special skills - enhancing the service that we provide to our clients.
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas.
Here are some of the services we provide:
- Benefit administration
- Pensioner payroll
- Administration consulting services
- Scheme governance and trustee secretarial
- Bespoke one off projects
- Cash handling and preparing draft accounts
- PPF assessment administration services
- Data audits and data cleansing
- Specialist roles (secondments, expert witness)
- Support for trustees and in-house personnel
About the role
This role is based within our "ongoing" pension administration team so we will expect you to have considerable experience administering Defined Benefit pensions. You will be responsible for making sure that customers' pensions are accurately maintained and serviced and this will involve checking the work of less experienced members of staff as well as performing manual calculations. In addition, you will provide support to the Pension Management Team to assist with death discretion cases.
About the person
- You will have at least 2 to 3 years' defined benefit pension administration experience some of which must have been gained within a third party administrator
- You will be enthusiastic, people-focused and comfortable working in a busy environment
- The kind of person who likes to do a really good job, exceeding expectations wherever possible
- We need you to have at least GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C / 5 or above in both Maths and English and preferably educated to A-Level standard or above
- Ideally, you will have completed or will be actively studying for the Award in Pension Essentials or other relevant PMI qualifications such as CPC (Certificate in Pension Calculations)
Are you driven by client satisfaction and motivated to building and maintain strong relationships both with clients, and with team members?
Does the opportunity to work towards a professional qualification excite you
If the answer is yes, then we would love to hear from you!
What we offer
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t necessarily mean climbing the career scale or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Modern and comfortable offices where adjustments can be made in order for you carry-out your role in a safe and effective way
Employee well-being has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that well-being at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. Our aim is to create an environment which allows individuals to be satisfied at work, be successful in what they do and enable them to achieve their full potential. We have a number of programmes to support well-being at Barnett Waddingham.
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success. An essential part of this is developing teams who give and welcome different opinions, perspectives and cultural reference; bringing a real richness in our day to day activities, which will achieve better business results, for both ourselves and for our clients. It will also enable us to access a wider talent pool without any boundaries or bias.
Corporate Social Investment
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.
Our environment - We have an obligation to reduce the impact that we have on the environment and we consider our consumption, waste, and travel to set clear improvement targets.
Sustainable development - we aim to avoid adverse social and environmental impact in our supply-chain by reducing the environmental impact from service contractors as well as purchasing products that meet recognised environmental standards.
Ethical procurement - People in our supply-chain must be treated with respect and have clear employment rights; we would not knowingly use any service contractors who contravened any such issues.
Charities and volunteering - Our employees make a valuable contribution through their volunteering - each employee is entitled to take one working day a year to volunteer for a recognised good cause. <