The University of York Pension Trust is seeking a new professional Independent Director who will also act as the Chair of Trustees. The University of York Pension Trust governs the University of York Pension Fund, a fully funded final salary pension scheme which is open to new members and future accrual. The scheme has approximately 2,500 members and c£180m assets under management. More information about the scheme can be found at:
- Chairing all ordinary meetings of the Pension Trust Company, normally one per quarter
- Attend meetings of any sub-committees of the Pension Trust Company
- Agree the agendas for meetings with the Company Secretary
- Deal with cases where responsibility has been delegated to the Chairperson
- Liaison with employer, including ad-hoc meetings
- Review performance of other Board members including training
To find out further details, and apply for the role, please contact the Company Secretary, Gillian Hamilton (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will share a more comprehensive role description with you.
The closing date for applications is 12pm on 30th August 2019.