Since 2010 the Coventry University Group has undertaken an evolutionary transformation. Our focus on growth and continuous improvement in teaching, learning, research and internationalisation has seen the University rise rapidly in both the Guardian University Guide and in The Times Higher Education rankings.
Building on our success, our finance strategy supports the Group's mission and values and highlights the strategic priorities for enhancing our education and student experience, our research, our role as a global University and our enterprise and innovation drive. With over 4000 staff globally and as one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer unparalleled opportunities within the organisation for career development and a competitive benefits package including; great pension schemes, generous holiday allowances, flexible working, great training, personal and professional development and discounted membership to the University's bespoke GBP 4m sport and recreation centre.
Working collaboratively as part of a team to deliver professional pension administrative service. This role is responsible for pension scheme administration for the four pension schemes in which the University Group participates. Dealing with escalation of complex pension queries and responsible for ensuring a professional and efficient administrative service is delivered across the University Group.
To provide line management support, coaching and development to enable the pensions team to deliver a customer focussed service by prioritising workload to achieve all deadlines (legislative and organisation) and ensuring those duties and functions, and those of the team, are managed effectively and accurately.
Deputising for the Pensions Manager as required, building and maintaining strong links and effective relationships with all service providers.
Supporting the People Partners and Advisors and senior colleagues, through the provision of thorough documentation, monitoring, tracking and recording in systems in relation to the pension administration for all of the University Group.
- APMI or CII full or part qualified (or equivalent).
- Must have significant pension experience at team leader or supervisory level gained in-house or at a third party administrator
- Excellent technical knowledge of defined benefit and defined contribution pension scheme legislation
- Logical, must be able to develop operating procedures and use technical/legislative knowledge to find most appropriate solution(s)
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of a wide range of periodic pension projects (i.e. annual benefit statements and annual reports) and some experience of bespoke projects
- Ability to work flexibly, under pressure and work on own initiative
- Ability to lead and motivate staff and work collaboratively, as part of a team
To find out more information about this exciting opportunity please click below to apply