Part Time Pensions Technical & Compliance Manager
Initially 6 Month Contract | Competitive Salary
To manage and ensure pensions technical compliance and risk management to the Trustee of the Pension Scheme and act as a member of the Trustee Executive Team to ensure good governance and compliance across pension arrangements. Support and implement impending changes to the Scheme including: Closure to future accrual and Move of the administration system to a new platform and associated changes to processes. Proactive research and policy support to the Trustee and Executive Team for all current and future legislative and regulatory requirements.
About the role
- Support and implement changes to processes and risk management controls necessary to deliver key projects including: closure to future accrual, change of administration platform, longevity hedging and liability management and regulatory changes.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes and likely impact to the pension’s arrangements in UK and Ireland.
- Research and prepare technical advice notes as required e.g. assessment of legislative requirements, data protection.
- Work with the Head of Pension Trust on ensuring good governance and compliance across the pension arrangements.
- Maintain all scheme governing documentation and trustee governance documentation i.e. Trust Deed and Rules, Discretions and Delegations, TPR Codes of Practice, risk register and business plans etc.
- As part of the Trustee Executive Team, support the work of the Trustees, including the organization of meetings, production of Trustee Board/Committee papers, minute taking, business planning and training.
- Attend Trustee Executive Team meetings to provide regular updates on technical and compliance matters (as required) and make recommendations for implementation.
- Assess the work of Scheme administrator to validate/document procedures and
Your skills and experience will include
- Degree standard - preferably in business, economics, finance, law or mathematics
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. PMI, CII, or similar.
- Detailed knowledge of pensions and other relevant legislation e.g. data protection Technical/Compliance experience in DB & DC pensions (UK & IRE)
- Significant experience in defined benefit arrangements
- Understanding of good industry practice
- Intermediate excel, word and PowerPoint
- Industry recognised pensions administration platform e.g. Pen Server, Hart link etc.
- Strong analytical and attention to detail
- Audit skills
- Personal organisational skills
- Willingness to take ownership
- Understanding of business and management principles